[6] And you hold it above your head 🗸

{Edited June 10th, 2020}

〖✰〗〖✰〗〖✰〗

FAR away from where the sisters' and Happy had disappeared was a wide hole in the ground. Four waterfalls surrounded the hole and poured water into it.

Instead of filling the hole up, the water flowed lazily around, leaving a small patch of land in the middle of the water. On the small land was what looked like an old village.

Mud-caked huts with straw roofs stood, but were clearly on the last leg of their life. Roofs were caved in, walls were crumbling down. There were a couple of old fireplaces here and there, showing that there was life once.

Close by, was a cave, in which voices drifted out and figures were seen moving about.

The place itself used to be the capital of ancients. The tale says that the Shrine Maiden confined here has obtained its trust. The cave that people were mucking around in? That cave is called a Miracle of Bamboo.

And they didn't even know that miracles were soon to happen in that same cave.

Wendy let out a yell of surprise when she hit a rock wall, their body hitting with a thud before she slid down. Crystal followed, cradling her broken arm as Brain threw her next to her sister. She let out a little whine, tears gathering in her eyes.

Happy hit the back of the wall just as hard, if not harder, but he was instantly on his feet with a glare.

   "Hey! Not so violent! They're still children!" Happy snapped. Brain barely gave him a glance, picking the blue cat up by his face.

   "Happy!"

   "Tch!" Brain clicked tongue in annoyance before throwing him back towards the sisters. Wendy and Crystal shot up, Wendy running to grab Happy and Crystal standing in front of them.

   "H-Hey!" Crystal narrowed her eyes at Brain, but her voice quivered. "That's not nice!"

   "Will you two just shut up?" Brain growled lowly, yanking at Crystal's broken arm to drag her closer. He twisted it, to where her broken arm was behind her back, before shoving her into Wendy and Happy.

The trio fell into a heap, Crystal letting out a shriek of pain when - what felt like lightning - shot up her arm.

   "Crystal!" Wendy instantly pulled the younger girl closer, blocking Crystal from the looming group of bad guys behind them. "Let me heal you real quick!" Wendy whispered, hugging Happy close as her brown eyes landed on Crystal's limp arm.

   "No, not right now," Crystal mumbled. "We don't know what they know. . ."

  I don't want them to see her power, anyway. . . Crystal thought sourly.

   "Who are these girls?" Racer asked, leaning back onto the rock he sat on. "Do they have any link to Nirvana?"

Crystal's tearful gaze darted around the cave, taking in the people and how there was only one exit. Her gaze landed on Cobra and his giant purple snake, who he petted like it was a dog.

  I don't like that snake. . .Crystal flinched, snuggling closer to Wendy as if she would make it disappear.

As if hearing her thoughts, Cobra and Crystal locked eyes and he smirked.

   "It does not seem. . ." Angel tilted her head, scanning the two cowering children.

   "Already! We might sell it to gain money. . ." Hoteye trailed off.