Chapter Thirteen

(Attached- Logan's date outfit)

JORDAN'S P.O.V

Oh no, he is not allowed to play the victim this time. And I am not allowed to feel sorry for him either. I am tired of these games, they've gone too far this time.

I can't believe I just did that. I broke the promise I made to myself on the first day of high school. To lay low, be nice, be happy and don't stir shit.

I check my phone and see that I still have five minutes until everyone floods the hallways. Sliding down a locker, I curl up into a ball and rest my head in my arms. So much for 'low-key' J-Reid.

Five minutes goes a lot faster when you're busy wallowing in self-pity.

I try my best to ignore the footsteps approaching.

"Hey Jordy, I'm so sorry about what Alex did to you. I have no idea what it was, but knowing him, it wasn't nice." Spencer comforts, rubbing my back.

I sniffle. "It's not your fault."

We fall into a silence. He knows that sometimes silence is better than words.

All words do is hurt.

More footsteps echo through the hallways, but these sound alot angrier than Spencer's.

"Where is the rat? I'll finish him off seeing as you don't look like you did the job!" Ruby announces, storming down the hallway.

"He left." I mumble into my arm.

"I didn't run in here earlier because I wanted to give you the chance to serve him your revenge, but obviously that didn't go well..." She drawls off, joining me on the floor.

I chuckle. "I think I hurt him enough Rubes..."

The way Spencer distances himself from me when Ruby joins us does not go unnoticed.

"Um... So Carter mentioned you guys in our argument. Is there anything you want to tell me?" I cough awkwardly.

Spence looks as if he's about to burst, but Ruby cuts him off with a measured look.

"It can wait. You've got enough shit on your plate Jordy." Ruby offers a smile.

I watch as Spencer and Ruby have a silent conversation with their eyes. I can tell Spencer really wants to tell me something.

Everything hurts a little bit more.

Standing up with shaking legs, I take a few deep breaths.

"Is everyone talking about it? God, this is not what I wanted." I feel myself starting to panic again.

"No, no, no. Well yeah, they are. But give the peasants what they want. Their lives are so boring and irrelevant that they feed off other people's buisness. Pity them."

I'm not sure if Ruby actually thinks she's helping when she says things like that. Bless her heart. Her aggressive, violent heart.

"I think I'm gonna go home. It's been a long day and it's only Monday." I announce to my crowd of two friends.

They both nod and offer a reassuring smile. I attempt to return one, but I know it didn't go well.

I grab my things from my locker and make my way across the carpark. I got driven to school today so I have to walk. This day just keeps on getting better.

"Jordan! Wait!" A voice shouts from across the carpark.

I groan. I'm not in the mood for any more humans.