Chapter Twenty-Seven

(Attached: Jordan's Valentines Day card to Ruby)

JORDAN'S P.O.V

Happy Valentines Day ladies and gentlemen!

I think today will be a very big change of pace compared to the other seventeen Valentines Days I've 'celebrated'. I hesitate with the word 'celebrated' because I spent all of them watching Ryan Gosling and Leonardo DiCaprio movies with Ruby. Does that count? It totally counts. Every year, we buy each other extensive amounts of chocolate to overcompensate for our lack of love lives.

"Happy Diabetes Day!" Ruby yells at me from across the road with a shit-eating grin on her face.

Did I mention we renamed the day to something a little bit more relevant and accurate?

She envelopes me in a hug, shoving flowers and chocolates into my face.

"Thank you lover." I wink, pulling pieces of her red hair from my mouth.

I reach into my bag and pull out her gifts. A little bear, some chocolates and a card. "Open it, the card!" I squeal.

She does. We spend the next two minutes absolutely pissing ourselves over it. I am so much funnier than people give me credit for.

"My place tonight?" I ask.

I don't even know why I asked.

"You know it bitchacho!"

"I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that."

"Thanks pal."

I walk to my locker and try, so so hard, to keep my cool. There, resting against the door, is a giant teddy bear. It's cuddling a little plush love-heart toy with my name written in white across it. It's fucking personalized. There's a box of really expensive looking chocolates in the bear's lap.

I squat down to inspect the findings (to eat the chocolate).

Halfway through the third milk-chocolate heart, someone coughs from above me. I look up to see the grinning face of my boyfriend.

"Thanks Logan!" My voice comes out embarrassingly girly and high-pitched.

He catches my body as I lunge towards him in a huge hug. "Don't worry about it Jordy, thanks for being the best girlfriend ever." He smiles, patting my head with his hand.

I snort at that because it couldn't be further from the truth. "Right back at ya!" I beam. "But like the opposite way. Because your my boyfriend. But you know what I meant. So I'm not really sure why I'm going through this much effort to explain myself."

Don't laugh. Boyfriends make me nervous.

To try and cease Logan's amusement at my little speech there, I reach into my bag and pull out his gifts. Inside the gift bag, is a mug which says "Best Boyfriend Ever" and a box of chocolates. Not very original, but you can't blame me, I'm new to this show.

We chat among ourselves for the next few minutes before class starts. We then sit down in our seats and pull out our books. But that's about as much learning as we did that lesson. Everyone was too preoccupied with the Valentines Day gossip and passing love notes around class.

By the time lunch-break makes it's appearance on my timetable, Westminster High is buzzing with all the adrenaline which comes from this day. I've never noticed all the hype, but this year I can't seem to get away from it.