Chapter 30

LAUREN
Day #3, there's 4 days left. I wake up in my bed, and it's 10:00 in the morning. The room is dark, and I feel so good this morning. Blake and I both agree yesterday to take our distance. We'll try. I stay in my bed a few minutes, and I think when someone knocks at my door.
-Yeah?
The door opens, it's Charlie.
-Come, the breakfast's ready.
She gives me her sincere smile and on these words, I smell pancakes. Hmm, pancakes!! My favorite breakfast. Blake and I aren't looking at each other, it isn't weird, we're just... Taking our distances. Pancakes, banana, and Nutella. Deliciously delicious!
-I'm going to the grocery at noon, are you coming with me?, Charlie asks.
-OK...
I hate to do the grocery, but I'll go with her, because she does hate it too. This morning, it's pretty relax. I'm doing the dishes, and I go to my room to put new clothes. Well, I take another dress for today. I make my hair straight, I put some makeup, and I'm ready at 11:30. Why are we going to the grocery, by the way? We get in Charlie's car, we put the radio, and "My house" from Flo rida plays. Charlie seems to be happy.
-We're not really going to the grocery, right?
-Of course not.
She has the biggest smile on her face, and I frown.
-Where are we going, then?
-We're celebrating your birthday.
She makes some moves while the song plays, and she's really happy.
-It's in a month, Charlie...
She rolls her eyes. Yeah, my birthday is in a month.
-I planned this day for your birthday, but we're at the perfect place, and the sun's with us. And we also need this day, you had a rough week, and today's just the perfect day.
-OK... So what are we doing?
I'm curious, by chance I took my wallet with me, in that way, I could pay by myself some things. Of course, yesterday I didn't go to the mall. First, I don't know where it is so I walked a lot with my music on.
-Well, I took an appointment at the hairdresser, because I want something new. Don't you?
-Yes...Well, I could pay for my ombre.
-I pay. It's part of your gift. After that, I took an appointment for our nails, a little u.v. is always nice to have. When we'll be hungry we'll take lunch, and I took an appointment for a new tattoo.
My god, she really planned the day. I'm really happy for our day! I won't tell her, but she won't pay for everything. But wait, a new tattoo?
-What tattoo do you want?
-I don't know, and you, what tattoo do you want?
I knew she had something in mind. My eyes become round.
-Are you serious?
-Yep.
-Heu...
She took me by surprise!
-And what about a piercing?, she asks.
Is she kidding me?
-Heu...
I have no answers... Fuck it, stop thinking, and live Lauren!
-OK.
Her eyes become rounds, and her mouth forms the biggest smile I've ever seen in my life. And she screams.
-ARE YOU SERIOUS?
-Yes I am.
-OH MY GOD!
I laugh out loud, I can't believe I just said yes, but I love her reaction.
-Ok. Where do you want your piercing?
-On the navel, I think.
It can be cute.
-Perfect! And the tattoo?
-I seriously don't have any idea. But a little one. A really tiny one.
She laughs.
-I know Lauren. We could make a matched tattoo?
-Yes, it's a good idea.
Then, eureka.
-I know it sounds kitsch, but I saw on Pinterest two bestfriend having a little heart on their collarbone, and it was cute.
-Then, let's go with two tiny hearts.
And we arrive at the hairdresser. She cuts my hair, but just a little bit, and she does the ombre in it. She also curl my hair, I really like it. Charlie's all brown now, no more red highlights. And it's a pale brown, but she's really pretty. It costs 40$ to Charlie, and I feel cheap. After that we're going to the cosmetician for our nails. We both choose a navy blue u.v., it's pretty. I'm really happy, my god. It's been a while. With my pink little dress, it's cute. We're going to a starbucks, we're not hungry, but we'll take a snacks. I take a tea, and we sit at a table.
-How's it going your internship?
-Fine.
I don't have a lot to say about it.
-I have something to talk to you about.
I look at her, I'm serious now. What is she going to talk about?
-Well I have an uncle in New-York who has his own company, he's the CEO. He could give you an internship, and he could pay you for it, you have such a great talent to write!
It's such a good opportunity!
-After that, you could work for him, of course.
-Are you serious?
-Of course I am, I could call him, and you'll have an appointment next week.
-It would be so great. Thank you Charlie.
Everything's so perfect today!
-By the way, he's only 25, chestnut, and  cute.
On these words she gives me a wink. I roll my eyes.
We're going for the tattoo and the piercing!!
*     *     *
It's 17hrs now, and we're going back to the condo. I now have a little heart on the collarbone, and a piercing on the navel! It hurts a little bit, but I've survived. We're getting inside, tonight the party's not in the condo. They're all in the kitchen, talking. I don't join them, I'm going to my room to put my pale blue jeans, with a t-shirt because it's getting cold outside. After that I join them. Nathan's doing the dinner. It's lasagna, hmm!Alexa's looking at me, and she say:
-Show us!
She's smiling, as always. Charlie told them our day, because they're all looking at me. I don't want to look at Blake, I really try to take my distance but it's a little bit difficult.
-Well... We did my ombre.
I'm smiling, it was a great day!
-Turn on yourself, I want to see!
She's so girly! God. But I turn on myself. Her mouth forms a beautiful smile.
-I love it!
-And my nails...
I show her my beautiful u.v, and...
-My piercing!
I lift my t-shirt -a little bit- to show her my pretty new piercing. She don't speak, she's just looking, always smiling.
-And then... The tattoo.
-A matched one?, Blake asks.
-Yep, Charlie answers.
Nathan turns to face us, and he says:
-Next time you could come with me for my sleeve.
I smile to him, and he gives me a wink.

We're now walking to a house near the condo, where the party is. It's a really big house near the beach, with Lamborghini in front of it. It looks rich. We get inside, and there's people everywhere. The guy of yesterday, the surfer one is walking to me.
-Hey!, he says.
-Hey...
I feel a little bit awkward because Blake's near me, and he looks at us. The surfer one gives me a quick hug, and he takes my hand.
-Come, I'll show you my house.
Wait, it's his house? Well his parents house, but it's kind of the same. We're now in his kitchen.
-By the way, I'm Travis.
-Lauren.
I give him a small smile and I follow him to his friends. The girls are skaters, and the boys are surfers. There's two blond boy, and two chestnut girl.

It's now 22:45, I've been with Travis and his friends all night, they're very nice. But now Charlie's taking my hand so I follow her. We're now in the living room. Blake's there and he doesn't talk to girls, he's not even next to one of them. It's weird from him. They play a game that I don't know but he seems to be drunk a little bit. I didn't drink a single drop of alcohol, damn. Charlie took me but she's now talking with someone else. I'm next to Charlie, but I'm not there mentally. I'll take Blake home, he always take care of me, so...
I'm making my way to him, and I whisper to his ear:
-We should go home...
-Why?
His tone is cold and harsh.
-You should stop drinking...
-Oh, now you're talking to me.
He's arrogant.
-Good. Drink, and be sick Blake.
I'm turning on myself but he takes my wrist.
-Wait...
So I face him.
-I don't want you to go...
I've been ignoring him, but I don't want to be here with him, the drunk him.
-Then, come home with me.
-OK...
He gets up, and he takes my hand. He's drunk as fuck... We're slowly making our way to the condo. I open the front door, and we're inside. It's quiet... He's drunk but he's ok...
-Why did you drink that much?
-I think that I needed it.
I frown.
-Why?
He rolls his eyes, and he seems to be frustrated.
-I don't know what the fuck you're doing to me! I love you, god damn it! I just so fucking love you. I don't know what to say, I don't know how I could prove you this. I fucking slept on the floor!
-You we're about to...
He cuts me.
-Of course, I was about to fuck Tracy. Come on! Stop remembering all the bad! You kissed someone else in my face!
-It just doesn't work Blake!
-You know what Lauren? If we continue this tonight, I'll be sick. Forget about it... You know that we're not able to take our distances. But that's what you want so... Good night.