He Likes Me?

While riding on my board, I see Angelo, sitting on the bench under the mango tree.

"Hey Ariana!" He shouts, waving at me. I continue going towards him.

"Wow, nice board." He says, observing my board.
"Thanks. Your's looks nice too." I say, observing his board.
"Anyways, did you eat breakfast? Do you want to buy some food at the truck? I'll treat you." Angelo says, grabbing $20.00 out of his pocket.
"Well, I am a little hungry, but you don't have to treat me." I say, smiling.
"It's okay." Angelo says, smiling and grabbing onto my hand.
"Let's go." He says, as we both go down the street, riding on our boards.

I love this dude. But as a best friend.

As we arrive at the gym, Angelo grabs out his money, gets off his board, and starts walking to the truck.

"What do you want to eat Ariana? Fries? Chicken?"
"Uhmm, fries will do." I reply back, handing him $5.00. That's when Angelo holds onto my hand, grabs the $5.00, and puts it in my front pocket.

"Ariana, it's fine. I'll pay." Angelo says, smiling at me. I start to blush and feel embarrassed because he's paying for me.

"Thank you Angelo." I say, smiling. I was waiting for Angelo to answer back, but he just stares at me, for 5 seconds straight, then smiles.

"Huh? Uhm what's that? It's just your smile was uhm.. yeah." Angelo says, looking down on the ground, smiling, and rubbing the back of his head. I start to smile and laugh.

That's when our fries are ready.

As I try to reach for the fries on the table top, which was somewhat high, I hear Angelo laughing at me. I looked at him and gave him a serious face.

"Okok I'm sorry." Angelo says laughing. He goes behind me and grabs the fries. He looks at me and laughs again.

"Shorty." He says, joking around.
"Shut up." I say, laughing along with him.

We decided to sit on the grass, under this huge tree, and eat our fries. Angelo grabs out his phone, takes a picture of the fries, and goes on Facebook. I grab my phone out of my back pocket and go on snapchat.

That's when I get a notification.

*Angelo has tagged you in a photo.*

"At gym, hanging out with my beautiful best friend." I like the photo, and look at Angelo. I caught him looking at me, and then he quickly looks away, smiling. I start laughing.

"Yo Angelo!" A voice shouts.
"Yo! What's up bro?" Angelo shouts back. Oh great, his group of friends are here.

"Yo dudes, this is my best friend Ariana. Ariana, this is Peter, Hal, Dylan, Joshua, and you probably already know Mark."

Omg it's Mark, again.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here. Ariana hanging out with Angelo. See, I knew you liked him." He says, sitting down.
"What? No. I don't even like him. We are just best friends." I say, eating a fry and rolling my eyes.
"Mark, stop it." Angelo says, laughing.
"Yeah Mark, stop it." I say laughing too.

"Whatever." Mark says, laughing along with us.

"Yo Angelo. I need to tell you something, but in private." Angelo's friend, Dylan asks.
"Sure bro. Be right back Ariana." He says, as he puts his phone down and walks behind a tree with Dylan.

Well, I'm stuck here with this dudes named Hal, Peter, Joshua, and Mark.

Then that's when I remembered when Mark was acting strange at school yesterday.

"Oh yeah and Mark, why were you acting weird at school? When we were sitting at the bleachers?"
"Ahem." Peter says, looking at Mark, and raising his eyebrows. Then that's when Hal and Joshua start looking at Mark, moving their eyebrows, and smiling.

What's going on here? What's up with their eyebrows?

"Mark." I say again.
"Huh? I wasn't even acting strange." Mark says, nervously.

What's wrong with him?

"Mark, tell her." Joshua says, looking at Mark and then at me.

What the hell is going on?

"Well, we better go now." Mark says, standing up and walking away. As they all walk away, I see Mark punching them on the shoulders, like he was mad at them or something.

"Ariana! Mark likes you!" Hal shouts out loud, and starts running away from Mark as Mark chases him.

Mark likes me? What?