No Way

Woah.

"Because you're a really pretty and funny girl."
A voice says.

As I took my hand off the Arizona, I immediately looked up.

It was Angelo.

"What's that?" I asked, in shock.
"You asked me this morning why I was smiling, and I said that it's because you're a pretty and funny girl." Angelo replies, smiling at me. I start to smile and laugh.

That's when there was one more Arizona on the ground, so I bent down to pick it up.

"No I got it." Angelo says, while grabbing my wrist.
"Uhmm, thank you." I say, blushing.
"No problem." He says, smiling and looking into my eyes.

Is this really happening? Is this actually Angelo?

That's when we both start walking back to the volleyball courts. He carried all four cans, which was very kind of him. And sweet.

As we arrived in the courts, Julie, Janette, and Camila were looking at me and Angelo.

"Hey guys. Uhmm this is my 'cousin' Angelo." I say, smiling.
"Nice to meet you Angelo." My friends say, laughing.

They grab their Arizonas from Angelo.

That's when Janette comes towards me.
"Your cousin is hot." She whispers in me ear. I look at her and start to laugh.

That's when Angelo and I sit under the shade and have a conversation.

"Cousin?" Angelo says, laughing.
"Yeah. I had to think of something so that they won't embarrass me." I say, laughing and smiling, looking at the ground.

I didn't want to look at him in the eyes because he's just too beautiful to look at. And besides, I'm a very shy person.

"Hey look at me." Angelo says, holding onto my arm.

Omg omg omg he noticed.

I start to look at him. In the eyes. I was about to cry because his face is just beautiful. That's when I decide to take a sip of my drink.

"May I have some?" Angelo says, stretching his arm for the drink.
"Sure." I say, laughing.

Why am I laughing?

He grabs the drink out of my hand and scoots in a little closer to me.

He hands the drink back.

"Thank you..... Uhmmm... What's your name?" Angelo says, looking into my eyes.
"Ariana." I say, looking back into his eyes, while taking a sip from my drink.
"Nice to meet you Ariana." Angelo says.
"You too." I say, smiling.

"Hey, do you want to play volleyball with my friends?" I say, standing up while reaching for Angelo's hand.
"Uhmm.. Sure." Angelo says grabbing onto my hand and standing up.

That's when we both start walking to the courts. Angelo goes on the other team, and I go on the opposite team.

Let the battles, begin.