You Will Be Missed

"Bro, it's not what it looks like." Daniel says, as he grabs the basketball from Angelo's foot.

"Well, it is what it looks like." Angelo says, angrily.

"What are you doing with Ariana? Why did you kiss her?" Angelo says, walking towards Daniel.

"It was just an accident." Daniel says, backing away from him.

I go in front of Angelo to block him before he starts anything.

"What are you doing? He accidentally tripped over my foot, fell on top of me, and accidentally kissed me." I say, pushing him away from Daniel.

"And besides, why do you even ca-"

But that's when Angelo pushes my hands away and starts punching Daniel in the face.

"Why did you kiss Ariana?!" He shouts, continuing to punch him.

Daniel falls down onto the ground.

"I didn't! It was an accident!" He shouts.

"Angelo! Angelo stop it!" I say, running towards him.

I push him away from Daniel. I grab my phone out of my pocket and open up the conversation that they both had earlier.

"Why are you fighting him? It's not like you care about me? It's not like you like me? Didn't you tell Daniel you like Camila?" I say, showing him the picture of their conversation.

"What? How did you get this?" He says, releasing his fists.

"Daniel sent me this. But why did you have to do this? Why did you have to hurt Daniel? Don't you like Camila? Not me?" I say, putting my phone in my pocket and running towards Daniel.

"Are you okay Daniel?" I say, putting my hand on his face.

"Ariana, let's go." Angelo says, holding onto my shoulder.

"No. Aren't you supposed to meet up with Camila at the mall?" I say, pushing his hand off my shoulder.

"Ariana, please. I don't like Camila. I was just joking." He says, grabbing my waist.

"Angelo, please. Just go. I don't want to cause any-"

Then that's when Angelo's lips were on mine.

What the fuck does he think he's doing?

I back away from his face, and slap him.

"I don't even know you anymore Angelo." I say, as I walk up to Daniel, and try to carry him up.

"It's fine Ariana. I can go up." He says, wiping the blood away from his nose.

"No, it's not. Here, I'll help you." I say, holding onto his hands.

I grab my backpack, and Daniel's basketball, and head to his house.

"I can walk on my own now Ariana. I don't want you to struggle on the way to my house." He says.

"You sure?" I say, looking up at him.

"Yeah." He says, smiling at me.

"I'm going to be fine." He says, hugging me.

I start to smile, in relief.

"Wait here Daniel. I'm going to speak with Angelo for a little while." I say, putting down his water bottle and basketball.

As I walk towards Angelo, he has his arms, open wide, like he's ready to hug me.

"Well, I see you're coming back to me. I missed you." He says, walking towards me.

I open my arms wide and hug him.

"You know what Angelo? Stop being so fake. I know that you don't care about me, and will never. So why don't you go with Camila, and make her your best friend. All the memories we had together are now rubbish. It was nice meeting ya." I say, whispering into his ear.

I release the hug, and kiss him on the cheek.

"You will be missed." I say, sarcastically.

I walk away from him, go up to Daniel, and start walking to Daniel's house.