Chapter Three

"Have you been waiting out here long?" Kellin jumped. He turned around to see Vic standing there in a black hoodie with black skinny jeans and light blue converse. He looked so normal. At a regular glance Vic would look like in kid who walks around on the street but Kellin knew better. He heard a scoff behind Vic and saw his younger brother glaring daggers at Kellin. The younger boy was intimidating even if he was a sophomore and Kellin was a junior.

"Uh no it's okay. I just got out early. I didn't really want to deal with my mom." Kellin shrugged his shoulders. Mike gave a dry laugh.

"Aw poor little rich boy having family troubles. Boo hoo, Kellin." Vic spun around and hit his brother on the shoulder. Kellin started grinding his teeth together.

"Mike! Shut the fuck up!" Vic was burning holes in his brother's eyes as he yelled the words. Vic was so pissed that his brother would say something like that. He turned around to look at Kellin. He looked so tense. Okay Vic keep it in the back of your mind to never ask about family. Vic started to put his hand forward to hold Kellin's in comfort but he was interrupted.

"Hey guys." Jaime yelled running across the street with Tony on his heels. His usual blown back hair was hidden underneath a beanie and he had his giant smile on his face. Vic noticed the smile falter when Jaime and Tony joined the group of boys on the sidewalk. "Uh, what's Kellin doing here?" Mike gave Vic a little nudge.

"Lover boy here is walking to school with his boyfriend." Mike chuckled at his words. Vic and Kellin both turned a deep shade of red as Jaime and Tony exchanged smiles.

"Mike! He is not my boyfriend. H-he's m-my...." Vic looked at Kellin for help. The blush, unlike on Vic's tan features, was obvious on Kellin's pale white cheeks. Kellin shifted on his feet. What were Vic and him? Friends? Acquaintances? Kellin scratched the back of his head as everyone eyes were on him. The way Vic almost held his hand before they were rudely interrupted by the kid with the big smile and the quiet on with a snapback on, it warmed Kellin's heart. "Kellin?"

"Friends." He looked up to notice their shocked faces. "I-I mean if that's alright with you?" Kellin looked towards Vic. It looked like the boy was going to burst out laughing but he just let a small smile play on his lips. Kellin snuck his hand out to brush against Vic's cheek. The other three boys gasped as Vic smack Kellin's hand. Vic's hands shot to his mouth as he gasped.

"Um, let's go guys. Let these guys talk. We are going to be late." Jaime started shoving Tony and Mike away from the two boys. Tony gave Vic a little wave before turning forward, walking towards the school.

"Dude we still have ten minutes until the stupid return to school pep rally!" Tony smacked Mike upside the head. He motioned his hands between Vic and Kellin.

"Shut up." Tony whispered. Mike threw his hands up in the air and mutter a sassy 'whatever' before walking on without Vic and Kellin. Kellin laughed at the exchange that happened between the friends. His attention turned back to Vic who looked like he was going to burst into tears.

"Woah, Vic. What's wrong?" Kellin had concern laced in his voice.

"I'm sorry." Vic whispered.

"What are you sorry for?" Kellin pulled his eyebrows together in confusion.

"I smacked your hand away. I didn't mean to. It's just a reflex for me lately and I never me-" Kellin's laugh cut him short. He motioned for them to start walking.

"I don't think I could ever be angry with you Vic. Well I could but.." Kellin paused his words and quickened his stride. Vic ran forward a little bit so his and Kellin's shoulders were in line. "So... I'm your boyfriend?" Vic rolled his eyes.