Chapter 4

'That does not mean -'

'Just in case you haven't noticed Mother, I'm already sixteen and I'm perfectly capable to go shopping alone.'

'This is not the time you can just wonder off and be safe, Draco.'

At this moment, the door tinkled and Harry, Ron and Hermione entered. I saw Hagrid standing outside the shop along with two of our Aurors.

'Your mother is right, boy. You should listen -'

'Be careful with that, will you!'

He appeared out from behind the curtains with a smart looking dark green robe that was pinned around the ankles and wrist and examined himself in the mirror. It wasn't until a few seconds later when he realised who was reflected over his shoulder. However, he did not notice me as I was looking at my school robes with Grandmother and Daniel.

'A Mudblood's just walked in, just in case this place started to smell odd, mother.' Draco said with narrowed eyes.

'How rude! I do not accept any sort of language like that in my store!' Madam Malkin scurried out from the curtains. 'And no wands, either!'

I looked around to see Harry and Ron pointing their wands towards Draco. Then, Madam Malkin caught sight of the Aurors standing in front of her store. Nervously, she looked around. 'Oh my mistress - my majesty! Oh I am terribly sorry... I will as soon as-'

'You may serve them now, Madam Malkin,' Narcissa Malfoy strode out from behind the curtains. 'While I deal with these people...' She then added coldly towards Harry, Ron and Hermione.

'If you say so...' And Madam Malkin hurried over to us. 'May I ask what you are after for, my mistress? My majesty?'

'I'm looking for two school robes. Slytherin ones.' I said to her.

'Of course. If you may excuse me for a second...' She went to look into the pile of robes and came back with two black and green robes with the Slytherin snake on the front. I stood up on the stool as I let Madam Malkin measure and pin the hems of one of the robes to suit my height. As she did so, I heard Harry say something about "loser of a husband" and that made Draco angry. I was getting very uncomfortable watching their argument when Madam Malkin said, 'You're welcome to step off the stool, my lady.'

I stepped off after a word of thanks as I watched Madam Malkin raise the second pair into the air with her wand and with a flick, it measured and sewed itself in to the exact same size as the first pair. Then she lowered both of the robes in a large paper bag and handed over to me, bowing deeply.

'Excellent. Thank you very much, Madam Malkin.' Sarah said.

'Thank you.' I smiled, receiving the large paper bag with my new robes in it.

'It's my great pleasure.' Madam Malkin bowed deeper.

We both nodded and smiled.

'Let's go, Sally.' Grandmother said, turning to me and ready to walk out.

'Yes, Grandmother.' I said. Then I called to Harry, Ron and Hermione, 'See you three later.'

'Bye.' Hermione said, smiling nervously.

'See ya.' Harry and Ron said at the same time, not taking their eyes off Draco.