Chapter 6

I spent the rest of the time at the Burrow trying to avoid any conversation, especially with Harry, Ron and Hermione by reading the new books I, or in fact Edmund, purchased in Diagon Alley. It also was a great distraction from what had happened and what I had done.

Draco had sent me an owl with a small note the day after that... Incidence.

Sally,

I can't apologise enough for what had happened... I was such a fool for not thinking or be aware that they were even going to show up in London and force you to do... that. I'm so sorry, Sally. I hope you aren't too angry with me, even though I can't blame you if you were. You don't have to reply to this, but I'll see you back at the Station.

Draco.

This short letter was a painful reminder that all of that wasn't a dream and it made me shudder every time I thought about what I was about to do this year.

There was another fact that chilled me to the spines: Harry, Ron and Hermione saw us. Why did I know, because I over-heard them accidentally yesterday afternoon.

*Flashback*

'Hermione, I swear -'

'Look Harry. I don't know what I saw nor do I know what they were doing there. Besides, Sally was being attacked, you saw that too didn't you?'

'Yeah but who knows what happened after Greyback closed the blinds down on every window of the shop?' Harry demanded. I didn't know that the blind was closed. 'She could've been threatened not to tell anyone or otherwise she'll get killed or something.'

Goodness sometimes his senses scared me.

'But why don't you just ask her? She'll tell you for sure.' The voice of Ron's spoke.

'I dunno. She's acting a bit odd since the trip to Diagon Alley.'

'Really?' Ron seemed oblivious about it, which a part of me was relieved about.

'You might've not noticed, but I have. We've lived our lives together for the entire time.'

Ron or Hermione didn't say anything and there was a nervous silence lingering in the air.

'He's joined them. He's one of them.' Harry piped up.

There was a split second of pause until Ron said, 'What is he on about?'

I heard Hermione sigh. 'Harry has this theory that Draco Malfoy is now a Death Eater.'

I froze at the same time Harry had said 'But it only makes sense. His father was one and it's convincing that Voldemort -'

'Don't say his name.' Ron winced.

'- wasn't happy about Lucius Malfoy's failure at the Ministry and thought of... Revenge and replaced Malfoy for his father.' Harry continued, ignoring Ron.

'But like I said earlier, if that was the case Sally would have already told you, wouldn't she?'

'And I don't reckon You Know Who'll make someone like Malfoy become a Death Eater. I mean, he's sixteen! What does he expect him to do?' Ron laughed but that almost immediately died away.

'I don't know what he wants from Malfoy, but I'm certain.'

'There's no proof, Harry.' Hermione sighed.

'That's why I'm going to look for one this year.'

*End of flashback*

Right now, we, as in Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Mrs and Mr Weasley and I were in a Ministry car heading to King's Cross Station to board the Hogwarts Express, four of us about to start the sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.