Chapter 11

Sorry that this's kind of a short update.

Draco's POV
'Sally?'

She turned around, her soft brown eyes filled with joy meeting my own grey pair. 'Yeah?' Her melodic voice said to me.

'Are you free this afternoon at all?'

'Yeah I am.' She smiled.

'That's great, because...' I said, my heart racing from that smile. Then I stood next to her and said in a barely audible whisper, checking madly in case someone was eavesdropping. 'I - I want to tell you what exactly we're... Doing.'

Her face dropped slightly. Was that really necessary? I asked myself angrily, but I still looked for her reaction.

'That's fine.' She gave me a gentle smile, looking up at me. This was when I smelt the fragrance of her perfume: it was fresh yet sweet and gentle, a floral scent. I've only smelt this once in my life, and it was from the Blue Rose, the rarest perfume in the world. But of course, it's rare because it comes from the blue roses that only grows by the lake of Castle Eclipse.

I loved it when girls didn't wear so much perfume that it wasn't sickening.

'Great.' I managed to say without stuttering. 'That's settled then.'

I turned to the front and started walking again, hearing her footsteps behind me.

Sally's POV
He smelt so nice. The freshness of mint, but there was the perfect combination of woody, herby and fruity...

Seriously, what was happening to me?

Ever since I've seen him on the train, I've felt things that I've never felt before during the years of friendship with Draco.

I followed him up to the grounds, trying to not stare at him, but finding myself glancing over at the tall, blonde figure in front of me.

As I sat down at the Slytherin table for a afternoon snack, Lynn asked me in a low voice.

'Well, what took you so long? You can't be that slow at packing up.' I glanced at her to see her smirking.

'It's nothing. Slughorn wanted to talk to me.' I made up a lame excuse, which she obviously did not believe.

'Oh?' She raised her eyebrows, her smirk not leaving her face.

I didn't know what to do as I fiddled with the hem of my grey jumper. I snuck a glance at Draco but then quickly looked away as I found him looking at my direction.

Then, someone tapped me on the shoulder.

'Edmund!' I flung my arms around him, all the nervousness flying away from my head instantly.

'Finally spoke you.' He smirked.

'Oh I know. I mean, I saw you at the feast but didn't have the chance to talk to you. Congratulations on Head Boy, by the way!' I said nodding to his badge that gleamed on his chest.

'Thanks.' He smiled.

'Who's Head Girl?'

'Rhea.' His smile changed to a smirk slightly.