Twenty

(GRAYSONS POV)

I got a call that day at school. I knew as soon as I got called down to the office I would hear the heartbreaking news. I thought I was prepared for what I was about to hear, but I most definitely was not.

My heart skipped a thousand beats, my body froze, my breath hitched. I didn't even have the energy to cry, I just stood there. Juliana broke down. Ethan cried but didn't bawl, and Emily just hugged me. I somehow unfroze myself to wrap my arms around her because I knew she needed someone at the moment.
"If you ever need ANYONE, I'm here okay?" I whispered, then kissed the top of her head after she nodded. She was only 13 but she was strong as hell.

....

It's been a year after Brianna's death, and life has been wild. I am a junior in high school, Emily is a freshman and Juliana is a senior. (Obviously Ethan is a junior too). We have stayed pretty close as friends. Juliana and Ethan have been dating for 11 months, and Jack has a new girlfriend. He told me he did have feelings for Brianna but he knew I loved her, so he never tried to date her.

Emily is doing good. She kept her grades up and said she wanted to stop online school and start going to our school, so Julianas mom got her in. She has stayed with Juliana and stays with her friend Sarah on the weekends.

Juliana was horrible at first. She wasn't talking in school, none of Brianna's friends seemed to hang out much. Juliana hung out with Ethan A LOT, so her and I are like siblings now. I was the one who told her Brianna wouldn't want this from her and to go out and have fun again. She listened to me and now their 'squad'is closer than ever.

How have I handled it? Well I did what Brianna said. I lived my life. I started doing more sports and being more active to take out my anger, and that's led to me traveling all over the states. I've found out I love traveling and going to new places, but every now and then I would depress myself into wishing she was there to experience it with me.

I haven't had a girlfriend since her. She still is my girlfriend and forever will be. I have no intentions of ever cheating on her. I love her.

And to think this all happened because I was a lifeguard at some dumb beach.

------

THE FUCKING END

I FINALLY ENDED THIS BOOK OMG

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK I LOVE YOUR GUYS FEEDBACK

STAY TUNED FOR MY NEXT STORY AND IMAGINE BOOK:) xoxox