Chapter 20

I didn't know where else to so I call Shawn.

"hey shawn" I say in a raspy voice.

"HEY! OMG we have been looking everywhere for you! Where have you been! Are you okay?!?!?" he said panic in his voice.

"Physically yes. emotionally... nope." i said walking down the street.

"where are you. you missed a meet and greet. bills not really happy since he planned a bunch of shit for your birthday." shawn said and i hear a voice in the background. its Cameron saying he wants to talk to me. "hey um cam wants to talk to you how u feel about that?" he asks. i say yes and he hands the phone to Cameron.

"OMG Ali im so sorry not knowing where you were made me realize how selfish I've been being. are you okay?"

"um kinda hey can you pick me up at...." i see a Walmart as i was walking. "Walmart the one near the hospital" he agrees and hangs up. i keep walking and head into Walmart and buy just a crap ton of food. today i'm definitely going to just chill and do nothing. after I get all the stuff I head out of the Walmart and say Cameron waiting for me so I ran over and hopped into his truck. I need to apologize to Cameron but first I need to vent.

"Cam I made a big mistake possible the biggest mistake of my life. actually I cant even say its one mistake more like 20." I say with one breathe.

"Yeah" he said looking out the window.

"Okay... whats wrong with you." i say looking threw the bags and grabbing the coffee cakes.

"you of all people should know whats wrong with me." he said still not looking at me

"Cameron you know you can't do that!" i said frustrated

"Do what?!?!?!?!" he replied yelling which i did not expect at all

"What you are doing right now you can't just get mad at me for no reason and never even tell me whats happening" i said

"well im sorry when you run away with every guy you see" he said looking right into my eyes. i didnt know what to say, i never would expect him to say that, not in a million years.

"Your right" I say and he looks at me shocked. "Shut up"

"I didn't say anything"

"Yeah but you were implying it with your face" I say with a mouthful of coffee cake. He looks at me and starts to laugh.

"I hate how I can never stay mad at you" I ugly smile with half my food out my mouth.

"I'm sorry cam. I've been crazy. I've been the worst best friend and the worst everything lately. I don't know what's wrong with me. I go with every guy that looks my way and I don't know what love is. I'm sorry I was so harsh on you with Becky I can't even say anything with how bad with guys I am. She's good to you and made a mistake. Even if she does hate me it's because I held a grudge for a mistake she can't take back. She came all this way to get you back and that's more than I have done. I keep messing up every guy I get. I love Dylan. I think. So far but I can't help look at every other guy that gives me attention. But I also love jack but he kissed that girl and he didn't even know her name. But I can't hold it against him with what I have done and..." Cameron interrupted me.

"Ali. You have been thru so much with you dad and everything. I can't imagine how bad it is and what's in your head. You tell me everything but I'm not in your head. But your strong and smart and i know you will make the right choice. It might seem blurry right now but just take your time. You don't have to rush into anything. And you have to realize that the guy you end up with should and will give you enough attention you won't look at other guys. And they won't even think about other girls. Maybe it's Dylan. Maybe it's jack. Maybe it's someone else but that's your choice and I'm here whatever that choice is." I start crying and hug him. This is why he is my best friend and always will be. I look down at my phone and see a bunch of miss calls. Mostly from Dylan and to my surprise, Sammy. I kind of pushed him aside and forgot about how good of a friend he is. All of a sudden I realize all the stuff I'd be leaving behind if I left magcon. I decide to call bill and explain. Or at least try to.

"Hi bill"

"Ali thank god your okay are you safe??"

"I'm safe I'm with cam right now."

"Good. With that over with. WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU ALOT OF PEOPLE WERE WAITING TO SEE YOU!!?"

"I'm sorry. An accident happened between one of the guys and my date and he got hurt and I had to make sure he got home safe."

"I heard. I am speaking with jack in a little bit and seeing what I'm going to do with him."

"Please don't kick him out. He worked hard for this and everyone makes mistakes. Plus jack j would be devastated and he didn't do anything wrong. It was a miscommunication and it won't happen again." I say not completely knowing why I'm protecting jack.

"Fine I will think about it. Go home and get some sleep. I'm sorry this happened on your birthday. I'm not completely sure what happened still but it will be talked about later."

"I'm sorry bill. I will make it up to you I promise." He hangs up and I know that he's pissed. I look at Cameron and we don't say anything he drives back to the hotel and I fall on the bed and fall asleep instantly.