Two

Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding. ~Mahatma Gandhi

Luke's POV

I walked into school, Ava was on my right and was talking about something while I did very little to say anything. We all had messenger bags with the school's emblem on them. Along with button-up white shirts, blue or tan sweaters, and black or khaki pants. I had black pants and a blue long-sleeved sweater.

"Hey Luke," A couple of girls smiled to me, I flashed a smile and waved to them as they walked by. This was not uncommon, for some reason I was pretty well liked in social standings. Although, I hated everyone. Ava ignored the girls and continued talking but I still did very little to talk to her. Instead I dug my hands in my pocket and walked inside the building, holding the door open for Ava. I may be inconsiderate, but I still have some manners.

"Hey Ava, Luke." Calum greeted us with a smile as we approached Ava's locker. "What's up?"

"Oh nothing." Ava shrugged as she opened the locker up. She stood for most of the time talking to Calum, and while glancing around I could see Ashton walking down the hall with..

"Michael.." I sighed as the two approached us. He saw me right away, and looked slightly weary of me.

"Oh? Is something wrong?" Ava asked when she heard me. "Do you two not get along? I mean you might as well because you work together."

Ashton reached us and smiled wide. "Hey guys. This is Michael, Michael this is - "

"He knows Luke and I already." Ava interrupted. "We work together." Michael nodded, agreeing with Ava's statement. After Ashton introduced Calum to Michael, Michael fell back from the group a little bit. I glanced over to him and cocked an eyebrow. We were all pretty social, so you had to actually try to dominate the conversation if you wanted to get a word in. But Michael sat back, as if he was weary of saying anything.

Michael's eyes traced over to me and I shot him a glare, which caused his eyes to grow wide. He then turned and walked down the hallway. Never saying a word. I almost felt bad, almost.

"Hey Mi - " Ashton turned around and got confused as he noticed Michael was gone. "I didn't even know he left."

"Might as well, class starts in two minutes." I said and headed off in my own direction.

I got to my first period class - World Studies - and took a seat in the back center. I always sat in the back, I did not like people sitting behind me.

While I was considered a well-liked guy, I did not have a lot of friends. Girls giggled when I walked by, guys called my name and gave me noogies. For others, well I was just too damn mean and intimidating.

"Hello class." The teacher - Mrs. Rache - greeted. She was a middle-aged perky teacher. I liked her a lot, she was pretty great. "Today we're going to start on our next project. It is very big and it will be worth a lot of points towards your grade so don't procrastinate. Max, I'm talking about you." The class laughed at her joke towards the teenager. Even I smirked at it.

"So I am assigned you into groups of four or three." Mrs. Rache said. "I feel like you're all adults so you should be able to handle it."

"Yeah adults; I think you're forgetting about Tanner." Eddy called out and the class laughed a little more. Even Mrs. Rache smiled.

"So just listen for your name and when I'm done. Go and find your group." She said. She began to ramble off names. I heard mine, along with Casey, Bonnie although I wasn't paying attention to the last one.

I sat and waited for Casey and Bonnie to come to me. Which they did after I said I was not moving.

Bonnie was a short athletic girl, her hair was usually pulled back in a sleek ponytail of brown locks. Her eyes matched her hair. Casey was a bit of a slacker - half the time he did not show up for class - but otherwise he was pretty much alright. Ladies seemed to flock to his golden hair and green eyes with that 'cutting edge' personality.

"Hey where's the other kid..What was his name?" Bonnie asked as I was reviewing the sheet with the assignment. I was about to shrug when I noticed Michael standing in front of us.

"Were you the kid in our group?" Casey asked as he passed me a piece of gum. I slid the strip in my mouth as Michael nodded.

"What was your name?" Bonnie asked. There was nothing really rude about what she said. But it looked as if it bother Michael. I knitted my eyebrows together slightly but let out a sigh.

"What do you want to do for a topic?" I asked. "Why don't we start by focusing on political, religious, economical, or social?"

"Which one.." Bonnie tapped a finger to her lips. "I think we should do religious."

"Nah no way. We should do political." Casey argued.

"Hold up," I jumped in. "I think we should do social. I think it would be the most interesting one." The two bickered more but after seeing Michael looking at his hands I cut them off. "Michael?" He raised his head to me. "Which one did you want to do?"

"Oh..Um.." Michael bit down on his lip and thought. "T-They all sound fine."

I sighed. "What do you want to do?"

"Casey shouldn't have a vote because we all know he won't be here tomorrow." Bonnie snickered. Casey glared at her but she said nothing. Only smiled.

And just like that, Michael was cut out from the conversation.

I almost felt bad, he really did not want to be working with us. I don't really blame him. We're all annoying and mean.

"I guess we can just do social." Bonnie sighed after a moment. I nodded my head and wrote it on the paper. "Alright, next order of business. What part of the world do we want to focus on."

"Russia!" Bonnie yelled.

"Russia? Are you nuts? We got to go the all American way!" Casey yelled back. Michael's eyes met mine as we both sighed.

"Where should we chose?" Bonnie asked.

"I think a cemetery since I'm about to put you six feet under." I sighed. "Michael?"

"Well..W-What about the.." He trailed off, as if he did not want to finish the thought. We all waited. "Um..Tropics?"

"Oh yeah! We could do like Fiji or Rio!" Bonnie smiled wide. "Nice call Michael!"

Michael's face tinted as he gave a small smile. I sat back and admired it slightly.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

When you're internet is a bit of a butt. Also I'm really tired as I wrote it on my phone so ignore all my spelling errors.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenade xX