Twenty-Nine

We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort. ~Jesse Owens

Michael's POV

I had to be willing to do things that did not really make me feel comfortable, according to Rosa. So when Luke and I were walking up to the school I stopped and held my hand out to him.

"Are you sure?" Luke asked. I nodded my head. Luke sucked in a deep breath and took my hand as we began to walk up the path. We had not even gotten to the school and we were already turning heads.

"E-Everyone is looking at us Luke.." I said quietly.

"Let 'em stare." Luke chuckled lightly. "It's fine, just try not to look so petrified."

"What?"

"You look like you're about to pass out." Luke replied. I nodded my head and continued, trying to keep my eyes off of all the people. Luke was talking to me but I found my eyes looking down at his wrapped hand and remembered being guilty.

"How is your hand?" I asked. Luke raised his eyebrows and looked down at it.

"I think it's fine." Luke smiled back to me. "Thanks for you concern."

"Mhm." I smiled.

"Luke!?" Someone yelled and Luke dropped my hand but took a step in front of me as a couple of girls rushed over to Luke.

"What do you want, Lizzy?" Luke scoffed. "I don't want to talk to you and your friends."

Lizzy pulled Luke close to her face and whispered someone. Luke shook his head and whispered back to her.

Lizzy pulled away and looked slightly irritated before she slowly turned her head and eyes to me.

"You.." She hissed.

"Lizzy leave him alone." Luke huffed. Lizzy looked Luke up and down and smiled.

"I'm so happy, you guys are so cute!" Lizzy clapped her hands and turned away. The girls with her immediately clapped too and smiled.

Luke and I met each other's eyes and I could see he was just as confused as I was. The girls turned and walked away and everyone was still looking at us. Ever since I got here everyone has been staring at me.

"Luke, I-I want to leave.." I mumbled as I pulled on his sleeve.

"What? Why?" Luke asked, his eyes growing slightly larger.

"Everyone is looking at me.." I whispered.

"That's what happens to me everyday." Luke replied. "You'll have to become used to it, I guess. I have a feeling you'll be in the eyes of everyone as well."

"But..But I don't want to used to this!" I huffed.

"Calm down," Luke said. "Remember, everyone is looking at you and do you want to argue with me in front of everyone?"

"No.." I muttered.

"Okay then," Luke said. "But you can't just leave because you're uncomfortable because it'll be the same way tomorrow."

"But.." I huffed. "Okay."

"Come on, love." Luke kissed my nose and grabbed my nose.

"I thought you just said people were looking at us?" I scoffed.

"I did."

"Why would you kiss me!?" I snapped.

"Michael, I have no problem kissing you with other people around." Luke said as we began to walk down the hallway. "In fact - "