Chapter Four

"I'll call you when I get home okay?"
Jorel nodded his head still unsure that if he should walk her home or not. It wasn't like she couldn't handle herself, just something was putting him on edge.
"Jorel I will be fine." Vanessa told him again, but this time a bit more reassuringly. He smiled and hugged her one last time. "Okay. I'm sorry that I'm acting this way, I just don't want anything bad to happen to you."
Vanessa felt her heart literally melt at his kind words, who knew that a big tough guy like Jorel Decker could be this sweet?
"I'm going to be fine, just go home and wait for me to call, it'll only be an hour and a half." She said then kissed his cheek before walking out of the coffee shop.

Jorel waited outside the shop until he saw her disappear around the corner before he finally decided to head back to his truck. His cheek still felt all tingly from where her lips had touched and his stomach felt like it was in knots, who knew that one girl could ever make him feel this way. "Damn this girl can really turn me into a huge pile of mush." He chuckled to himself then headed off to Aron's place.

Vanessa sighed happily to herself and pulled her hoodie over the tank top that she had been wearing. The air chilled her, causing her to shiver and pull the hoodie tighter around her slim body. The wind whipped her blonde hair around her face violently whenever a huge gust would come by, it was weather like this that made Vanessa feel oddly at peace with herself. For some reason she had always been attracted to the darker side of things and had always pictured herself as some sort of gothic queen ever since she was a child. Vanessa's mom on the other hand wasn't too fine of that dream though. A loud Crash! sounded behind her. She turned her head slightly to see where the sound had come from but there was nothing behind her. "Chill out V it was probably just a cat or some kid trying to get home." Even though she kept trying to tell herself that it was nothing a small voice in the back of her mind kept screaming at her, saying that she better start running or find a house with its lights on. Her heart picked up when she heard another loud bang! "Okay, now time to panic."

Not too far behind her he watched as Vanessa began to walk faster away from him. This was why he enjoyed his line of work, scaring the life out of women and causing their men eternal pain so intense that it drives them to seek revenge. "Let the fun begin." Quickly he pulled out his knife and followed behind her.
"Vanessa.."

"What the hell?!" She turned a corner in hopes that she would loose the guy in a neighborhood.

"You can't outrun me Vanessa..." A sly smile spread across his face when he saw her take off down the street.

Her feet pounded loudly on the rough cement as she forced her legs to carry her faster down the street. Behind her she could hear his uneven breathing and his sick taunting.

"You can't run away Vanessa.."

Tears filled her eyes, her lungs burned with each breath she took. Why was this guy chasing her? What did she ever do to deserve this?! So many questions filled her mind as to why this was happening and who that guy could be.

"Vanessaaa!!!." He called to her again, but she kept on running. He sighed, trying to think of a different way to get her to stop. Finally an idea came to him, an evil grin covered his face. "Come on Vanessa I just have a message for you! If you stop I won't hurt Jorel!" He slowed his pace when he saw her slowly stop running.

She knew that this wasn't a good idea, but he was going to hurt Jorel. She didn't want that, Jorel was just an innocent Italian boy that always had puppy dog eyes for her. She couldn't let this psycho hurt him. She stopped running and turned to face the man, but when she turned around he was gone, "Maybe I was just imagining things." She took a few slow deep breaths to steady herself. "Yeah that's it, just an overactive imagi-"

"It's not your imagination sweet heart, and tell Jorel that if he doesn't cooperate... We will kill him."

Her body fell slowly down to ground against a brick wall, blood oozed from her back. Pain overtook her, her breath came in quick, short breaths causing the bleeding to speed up. She tilted her head up to see if the man was still there, but he had left. Now she was alone to bleed out on the ground.

Jorel paced back and forth across Aron's living room, his whole body seemed to be filled with worry and guilt. He knew that he shouldn't have let her go home alone. Damnit I'm such a fucking idiot! What if she's hurt and needs help? Fuck! Why did I have to let her leave so easily?!
"Dude would you stop pacing you're giving me a headache just watching you." Aron whined from the couch. "She's probably fine, damn."
Jorel whipped around to glare at the scrawny man laid out on the couch, "How do you know Aron?!" By this point Jorel was beyond pissed off with Aron and his little bitch attitude. All Aron ever thought about was no one else but himself! Jorel had stuck up for Aron, hell he had even went to jail for Aron but to be fully honest, Jorel had just about enough of Aron. "I swear to god Aron if I find out that you did somethi-"
"You'll what Jorel?" Aron said with a smirk. "I've been here the whole time since you got here so I don't think it's fair to say that I could've managed to hurt her."
Jorel just shook his head, "Wouldn't be the first time." He mumbled, Aron was about to open his mouth when a bright set of headlights flashed across the window.
"Who the hell is here now?!" Aron exclaimed in irritation. "You know what I'm getting a beer, you want one?"
"Uh yeah sure, and I think that's Matt's truck."

"JOREL!!" Matt yelled kicking the front door open while trying not to drop Vanessa. Once inside he slammed the door shut with his foot then ran for the living room. He was met by none other than Jorel himself who looked like he was either going to be sick, or beat the shit out of someone.
"What happened Matt.."
Matt pushed past the speechless Italian and sat Vanessa down on the couch, her breath was quickly becoming shorter as the time passed on.
"Isn't Dani Rose in that EMT training course?" He asked while searching for something to slow down the bleeding.
Jorel couldn't keep his eyes off of Vanessa while Matt tried his best to keep her alive, "Yeah George told me that she said that she's about to graduate the program.
"Call George and tell him to get Dani, whatever happened to V no one can know about. Gotta keep this in the streets for now."

Aron listened carefully to Matt and Jorel's conversation from the kitchen with a new sense of pride and faith in his plan. Now that Jorel knows that I'm not playing games this time he'll do exactly as I say...now what to do about Dani? He dug out his phone and pressed the first speed dial. She's getting too close to George, and if he gets too attached to her I'll have to think of something extra hurtful for her.
"Hey, it's me. Everything worked out except for the Rose girl. She's becoming a problem for us."