Chapter Eight

Two months had passed since Vanessa had been injured and the boys still had no leads as to who had harmed the innocent blonde. Jorel became extra protective over her when she was out in public, always having an arm around her shoulders and watching for anyone who seemed a little bit suspicious to him. She had tried several times to get him to relax but all that did was make his behaviors worse and put him even more on edge. As the weeks dragged on Dani began to notice that Jorel wasn't the only one who seemed a little nervous. Gorge never let Dani out of his sight, even when she went to bed he requested that she be on Skype with him until she fell asleep. Yes that sounded a tad extreme but Dani came to accept his behavior being as he was just trying to keep her safe. Although she did feel concerned when him and the guys just disappeared all last week. They had all been out of school and never once returned either Dani's or Vanessa's phone calls, which both girls found to be rather odd considering how they had been acting lately. Vanessa was able to shrug it off, but Dani just couldn't let it go so easily. Once school came to a close on Friday she decided to go over to Aron's house and see if he knew what had gotten into George and them.

When she pulled up outside of Aron's house a million memories came swimming to the front of her mind. Just looking at Aron's house made her chest swell with a deep heartache. She hadn't been to this neighborhood since she was a child.

*flashback*

"You'll never catch me!" Dani called over her shoulder as she ran down the street. Behind her a small boy chased after her, a huge grin covered his face.

"Slow down Daniella!" Aron yelled back to her. He pushed himself faster down the street to catch up to her, he almost made it to her and reached his hand out to grab her sweater. She laughed and let him catch her. Aron smiled triumphantly as he cradled the brown haired girl to his chest. A light fluttering stirred in his stomach and chest. 'What is that?' He asked himself. 'It's so weird..but it feels good, she makes me feel so.. Happy."

"ARON!!"

He turned his head in the direction that his name had been called, his head dropped slightly. "I have to go." He said sadly to Dani. As soon as he let go of her that happy feeling quickly faded away. Almost like all of his happiness had been sucked out of his whole body.

Dani nodded her head slowly and waved goodbye to Aron as he walked back to his house. She tried to see who had called him, but the other person was standing inside and was hidden by the shadows. Whoever this person was Dani did not like him. She got this bad feeling the longer she stood there. It was almost like she could feel this bad energy being absorbed into her body...

*end flashback*

She shook her head and shut off the engine then locked her car. She wasted no time walking up to the house and knocking on the door. No answer. She knocked again, and again until finally the door opened to reveal a short blonde haired girl. The girl had piercing blue eyes and wore her hair back in a ponytail.

"Can I help you?" The girl asked, irritation coated her voice.

"I'm looking for Aron Erlichman, is he here?" Dani asked in a strong tone. She tried not to lose her composure when she noticed something move behind the girl.

"Yeah, he's in the backyard with his friends." The girl stepped aside to let Dani inside the house. "Just go down this hall and straight through the kitchen."

"Thank you." Dani smiled softly. "What is your name?"

"Stephanie," she said extending her hand to Dani. "I'm Aron's cousin. Just moved here from Phoenix."

"Nice to meet you, and thank you again." Dani let go of Stephanie's hand and went out to the backyard. When she shut the door all of the guys were staring at her. Aron looked highly pissed off, George looked worried while the rest of the guys looked shocked.

"Aron do you mind if I speak with my boyfriend for a moment?"

He glared viciously at her, his face burned a bright red. Matt rested his hand on his shoulder and gestured for George to leave.

"What are you doing here Dani?" He asked in a hushed voice.

"Me and Vanessa were worried sick about you guys. None of you have been answering your phones or showing up to class-"

"So you chose to come to Aron's?!"

Dani's brow knitted together in confusion as she glanced between George and Aron. "You say this like this is the worst place I could be."

George sighed deeply, "What if it is..."

This made Dani think for a moment. Sure Aron may be an asshole, but he's not violent... Well as far as she knew. Time most definitely changed her, so why not change him in ways that she knew not of? Was George being so protective of her because Aron was some kind of threat to her? If he was why would he continue to hang around him?

"George, what's going on? What are you talking about?" Her eyes trained onto Aron's back, her heart raced in her chest.

George rested his hand underneath Dani's chin and guided her face to where she could only see him. "There are some things that you can't know right now. Maybe at a later time and date, but not right now. Please trust me Dani."

Her eyes came up to meet his for a second before a loud bang filled her ears. Both her and George turned to see what had caused the noise, Aron stood with a gun in his hand. He had it pointed up at the sky. Dylan laid sprawled out on the ground with his hands over his ears. The rest of the guys just stood covering their ears and watching Aron closely. A sly grin covered Aron's face as he lowered his arm and pointed the barrel of the gun right at Dani.

George quickly moved in front of his girlfriend, hands raised at his sides. "Aron you don't want to do this man, it won't end well for either of us." He said calmly. Aron smirked and walked towards George. He aimed it right in the middle of his forehead. Behind the two boys Dani let out a small cry, Aron smiled evilly.

"Tell her George."

"Come on Aron don't do this... Whatever you want I'll do it. Just leave her out of this."

Aron removed the gun from George's head and raised his hands in a sign of defeat. George exhaled and sank to his knees while Dani stood frozen in place, her eyes wide.

~Meanwhile...

Stephanie jumped out of her bed when she heard the gun go off. She had never expected Aron to actually know how to shoot the damn thing, let alone use it. When she got to her bedroom window she saw that Aron had George and his girlfriend at gunpoint. Damnit Aron!! A lump swelled in her throat as she ran for the stairs. Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! If he actually shoots them he's screwed! Damnit Aron! Why did you have to get involved with this?! She grabbed her phone off the charger and ran for the backyard. As soon as she threw the back door open she knew that she was too late to stop him. Her heart practically shattered as she watched Aron pull the trigger again, Dani's body crumpled to the ground and soon all hell broke loose right in front of her eyes.

~A/N~
So it's been a while since I've updated this story and I know I'm a horrible person for leaving the chapter like this.. But hey I've got a new character :) so that's a plus right?? Anyway I'm going to try my best to update this a bit more often along with a couple others. Also just a little shoutout to my new internet friend Filthy_Undead_Maggot  who is also my new character Stephanie!!