Chapter Ten

So close! So fucking close! Jeff paced back and forth across his bedroom floor. Late last night he had received the news about the Rose girl and how George had nearly beat the life out of Aron. Part of him felt satisfied with Aron's loyalty and newfound commitment to him, but it still wasn't enough. Dani kept getting in the way of things and it was making Jeff's life more complicated. He had to figure out an easier way to get some of this done without any further problems. But how? Could she..Jeff sat down on his bed, about a million thoughts swirled in his mind. If she joined me then maybe..NO! She's the reason that you're doing this. You can't use her like that. "Fucking hell man." He groaned and let his body fall on the bed.

Later that day Jeff decided to pay George and the others a little visit. It was now Saturday so he knew that they would all be at the dirty until ten. He smiled to himself, grabbed his car keys and headed out.

When he pulled up he saw that the park ranger had already left for the day and the gates were locked. Nothing I can't handle, he thought and grabbed ahold of the fence and jumped over. The guys were already here and dropping in and out of the two bowls. Slowly he made his way over to them, none of them noticed him until he had stopped right at the edge of one of the bowls. Matt had almost slammed right into him.

"What the fuck Jeff! Say something next time dude."

Jeff waved off Matt and slid down the side. Jorel and the rest of the guys soon gathered around Jeff, curious as to why he had finally decided to step foot out of his house.

"Hey man, been a while since we've seen you last." Jorel said casually, a slight smile tugged at his lips. Jeff only nodded and stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"So why you here?" Dylan asked impatiently. Out of all the guys Dylan was the one who wasn't too fond of Jeff. Ever since Jeff had set Dylan up to take the blame last summer, he had lost some respect in the older boy.

Jeff looked at each of, mentally ticking off who was here. The only one who wasn't present was George. This angered Jeff slightly but he didn't let it show on his face. Instead he cleared his throat and launched into the little speech that he had planned on the way over here.

"Things have gotten rather..difficult to say the least." Around him the guys nodded in agreement. "So to avoid any further complications I'm going to have to move the date back."

"How soon?" Jordon asked. He glanced over at Jeff who was now digging something out of his coat pocket.

"This weekend." Jeff stated and handed each of the guys a small bag. He watched as they examined the contents from the outside. "I will send you all directions on where to deliver those on Friday, come Saturday this'll all be over."

Jorel looked skeptically at the bag that rested on his palm. Something just didn't feel right. There was no way that all of this could've been over such small bags. Vanessa got hurt over this, so did Dani. He moved the bag around in his palm for a moment before opening it and dumping a small bit of the contents in his hand. His eyes grew wide when he realized what the substance was. "Cocaine?!" He whispered violently at Jeff. How could he do this to him, to all of them!? Jeff knew that they had gotten busted the last time they had tried to sell this, and on top of that George had started using it as well.

Jeff rolled his eyes, "Oh don't be so surprised Jorel. Besides its not as much as last time."

"Not as much?! Dude if we get busted with this shit or if George starts using again, I will fucking hurt you!"

"Well it's not my problem that he got addicted now is it?" Jorel just stood staring back at Jeff. "Exactly. Now if there aren't anymore questions I'm going home." He turned to go, but he stopped to face Jorel. "Oh and Jorel, if you don't follow through I can guarantee that the blonde will be in worse condition." A smirk spread across his face, Jorel glared back at Jeff as he walked away. Only a matter of time now, Jeff hopped over the fence then got back in his car. As he pulled out of the parking lot he saw a familiar old red truck pull in on the other side of the lot. No doubt George was the one who had arrived. He slowed down and parked his car on a side street to wait and see exactly who was in the vehicle. Just as I thought. George stepped out of his car, locked it, and made his way to the fence. No one else followed behind him so that told Jeff that George had to take Dani back to the hospital and was now unable to leave. Maybe I should stop in and see how she's doing.

Once the guys were sure Jeff had left, they all climbed out of the bowl and sat down on the far side of the park. None of them knew what to do at this point. Dylan had to be the most nervous of them all while the others seemed to be able to control their emotions just a bit better. Yes they had all agreed to help Aron one last time, but now that they knew what it was that they had to sell they kind of wanted to back out.

"We can't do this." Matt spoke quietly from the bench that he sat on. Dylan nodded his head slowly. "Jay what if you're right, what if George tries to use this shit again?"

"And what if I do?"

Matt jumped and fell off the bench when he heard George speak. He hadn't been expecting the Irishman to show up tonight. George rolled his eyes and took a seat by Jordon. Both boys glanced back at Matt and shook their heads.

"You know what happened last time George, think about what it'll do to your mom." Jordon said calmly. George nodded.

"I know, I just wanted to scare the fag." He nodded over in Matt's direction. The curly haired boy was still sitting on the ground and brushing his hair out. Jordon howled with laughter.

"What?" Matt asked shoving the brush into his back pocket.

"Nothin dude."

After they had settled down Dylan lit a blunt and passed it around to each of his friends. As the toxins of the marijuana took over their systems each boy was able to relax. Well, almost all of them. Dylan had began to run around with his pants around his ankles screaming "pudding!" at the top of his lungs.

"What's up with him tonight?" Jordon asked, his eyes glued to the Mexican.

George shrugged and took another hit, "I don't know man.. Probably took somethin else before comin here. What do you think J?"

George and Jordon waited for the Italian to answer but he just sat with his back turned to them. Eventually they gave up trying to get him to talk and left him alone.

Jorel sat quietly blocking out all conversation. He didn't really know what to say to try and ease the situation. Hell he couldn't even bring himself to try and smoke with them. The only thing that he could focus on was what would happen to Vanessa if things ended badly. At first he was angry that Jeff had threatened to harm Vanessa but after thinking over it he decided that he wouldn't do anything that could make matters worse. "What the hell.." He whispered to himself. How did he ever get tied up in this bull shit? All he ever wanted was to try and make a better life for himself. Yeah and how's that going dumb ass? "Not good."

"You say something J?"

"Nah Matt. But uh I'm gonna head home, maybe stop and see Vanessa first."

"Alright, I'll see ya later."