Chapter One

(so i made this like 4 years ago when i was cringe so please don't judge 😌✋. but i'll leave it up since y'all still reading it so enjoy.)

Las Vegas, Nevada.

Anna.

I followed my father into the tall casino. I was surrounded by his guys but I could still see around.

The click of my heels were barely audible in the crowded lobby.

My tight dress was also making my skin get irritated.

We stopped for a moment while my father leaned into someone's ear.

The man nodded and led us down a different hallway.

"Annalise?" I looked at my father and raised my eyebrow.

He motioned for me to join him in the room.

"I don't think that's such a goo-" The man started before he was cut off.

"My daughter attends all of my meetings. That way if someone is lucky enough to kill me, she can carry on my work."

A smirk played on my lips as I entered the room and sat on the black, leather couch, crossing my right leg over my left.

The door was shut, leaving some of the guys outside to watch.

My father sat next to me and leaned forward.

"So, McLean, where are my diamonds?" He questioned.

The guy, who I was guessing was McLean, set a brief case on the table.

"It's all here." He slid it forward. My father stopped it before it fell on the floor.

I watched as he unlocked it. I could see the shiny diamonds as soon as he opened it.

It was a known sight for me. My father got a lot of diamonds in his time.

"Clarin, check these please." One of my father's guys stepped forward and picked a piece up.

I didn't mind paying attention as McLean was starting to talk.

"And you're sure the guy is done with?" He asked. Father nodded.

"And the money is safe and sound."

"Yes, sir."

"And you're not playing me?"

"I've heard enough." Father stood up, motioning for us to leave.

He walked out, me behind him. Two guys were by my side and two were behind me.

My father thanked McLean before we headed out.

But before we could, I heard a groan come from behind me.

I quickly looked back and saw one of our guys laying on the ground with blood coming from his shoulder.

"Anna, duck!" Someone called out. I followed the order and ducked as a bullet flew by above me, straight into another guys chest.

My father was already bringing out his gun, shooting all of McLean's security.

McLean tried coming after me until I moved out of the way. He didn't seemed phased though. He knew my moves before I did.

He attempted to throw a punch before I blocked it with my arm and kicked him the nads.

He was shot soon after. I didn't think twice. I bolted out the door, ignoring all the shrieks and cries of horror.

"Annalise." The driver greeted as I sat in the back. My father wasn't too far behind.

He looked at me. "Another one down, I guess."

I chuckled lightly as our Bentley made it's way back home.

Omaha, Nebraska.

Jack.

"Nice work, Jack." My best friend, Johnson, complimented.

I grinned as the target came closer, showing I had hit the center almost every time.

"I don't get why you guys even get into this." Our friend, Lauren, sighed.

I chuckled slightly before putting my gun back into its case.

"You know I'm going to need it." I shot back.

"You're still stuck on the whole 'protecting' thing?" She raised her eyebrow at me.

"Yes, Lauren, I am. I want to be a bad guy, like those ones in the movies."

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that?" She scoffed. God, she annoyed me sometimes.

"I have my people." I smirked. I knew it would annoy her.

She walked off, pulling Johnson with her, leaving me to finish up packing.

It was pretty dark out but the shooting arena's lights gave a good glow.

It was dead silent, so when my phone started ringing, I jumped.

It was a private number so I hesitated to answer it.

"Hello?" I answered anyways.

"Jack Gilinsky?" A deep voice asked.

"Yes? Who is this?" I questioned them.

"I am speaking for David Copper. He has asked for you."

The name didn't sound familiar but I couldn't help but get curios.
"Asked for me to do what?"

I didn't hear anything for a minute. I thought he had hung up but I heard shuffling.

"He would like you to protect his daughter, sir."

-

Image is of Jack Gilinsky, Lauren, and Jack Johnson. (Lauren is not a real person in Jack & Jack's life, this is just a photo)