Chapter Twenty Nine

Las Vegas, Nevada.

Anna.

"So what's up with you and Jack?" Matthew sat next to me as I typed things into the computer.
"What do you mean?" I asked, glancing at him.

"Are you dating, or just fucking around?" He chuckled, poking my side.

I never had sex with Matt, and we vowed to keep it that way. I never really saw him that way.

"We haven't even had sex." I answered, my cheeks turning pink.

"But you like him." I could see him smirk as he sat back. I rolled my eyes and submitted my report to Cooper. I shut the computer and put it back into its travel bag.

"Anna has a crush!" He shrieked and laughed, making me hit him. "Would you please shut up?" I whisper yelled at him. I didn't know who was listening to our conversation.

"You're finally going to get a boyfriend." He smiled and shook his head.

"Who even said he likes me?" I scoffed. He raised his eyebrow as he looked at me.

"It's pretty obvious Annalise." He chuckled.

"Yeah, okay." I was finished putting things away so I got up and left him there. I didn't want to keep talking about the subject of Jack.

I needed to be focused on Johnson only. That's the only way I can kill him and anyone in my path. But I have to protect my men also.

"Do you know where we're staying?" A new boy suddenly appeared in front of me. He was taller than me, so I had to look up at him.

"I'm Derek." He added once he realized I probably didn't remember. Which I didn't.

"Oh, Anna." I smiled. He chuckled in response and nodded.

"I think you guys are staying upstairs " I walked to the stairs, guessing he'd follow.

I walked up, and sure enough I could hear another set of footsteps behind me.

I had no clue which room was assigned to who, so I just stopped in front of a room and opened it.

It was dark and silent. The bed was sitting there, untouched. This safe house hadn't been used in awhile, which is good for us. They wouldn't be familiar with it, and they can't come and try to kill us again.

"Is this good?" I turned to Derek, who was just staring into the room. He quickly nodded and walked in. I figured I'd leave him to settle in and headed back downstairs. I didn't know where Jack was, but he was probably sleeping.

"Do you know where Derek went?" Another guy entered the kitchen at the same time I did.

"Yeah, he's upstairs in his room." I told him. I recognized he was the one related to Nate. They had some similar characteristics, but I couldn't guess right away that they were siblings.

"Alright, thanks." He smiled, heading out of the room.

I walked to the fridge, opening it, and grabbing the first container I saw. It looked like rotten cheese, and it smelled like sweaty feet.

I should probably tell the boys when it's okay to throw something out.

I threw the food out and grabbed another container. It looked good, so I chose to eat it. As long as it's food, I don't care what it is.

-

It was dark when someone shook me awake. I groaned but my mouth was quickly covered.

I looked at the person and noticed Derek's facial features. He put a finger up to his mouth, signaling me to keep quiet.