Chapter Six

Las Vegas, Nevada.

Anna.

"Morning sunshine!" Jack chirped as soon as he walked into the kitchen.

I giggled lightly and turned around. "Someone must've slept good."

He nodded, grabbing a piece of bacon off the plate.

"Well that's good." I smiled at him. He was so adorable when he was happy.

When he called me cute, I honestly couldn't stop thinking about it.

I've never really been called that.

All the guys I've been with have either called me hot or attractive, not cute.

Well I'm usually having sex with most of them but oh well.

"So, nowhere to go today?" Jack asked, sitting down on the stool.

I shook my head in response.

"Well damn. What're we gonna do then?" He raised his eyebrow.
"We can go shopping!" I joked.

"Uh, no. Gotta Zayn!" He laughed.

I gave him a weird look and he returned it.

"Gotta Zayn? What the hell does that mean?" I question, laughing slightly.

"You know, like One Direction? How he left?" He looked at me carefully.

"What is One Direction?" I felt stupid. I was completely confused.

"It's a boy band..." He trailed off, basically saying I should already know this.

"Oh." Was all I said. "I don't really keep up with that. My father always says music can distract you."

"Do you listen to any music at all? Or know any artists?"

I nodded. "Yes, I know some of the popular artists. It's required, really." I said with a shrug.

"That sucks." He replied and stood up again.

"Annalise!" I heard my father's voice echo down the hallway.

I exchanged a look with Jack before heading his way.

"Yes?" I stepped into his office carefully. He had his head resting on his hand, typing away at something.

"We need to get going. Now." He ordered, getting up from his chair.

"Where are we going?" I stepped out of his way so he could leave and then followed him further into the house.

"Australia. I found an alliance and he's there right now." He entered his room, grabbing his normal packing bag.

We were on the run basically 5 times a week, especially during a mission, so we didn't really bother unpacking our stuff.

"Who is it?" I questioned. Most of the same people like to help my father, due to how good he is.

"Can't say." He mumbled, looking for something.

"Oh okay." I responded. I knew not to push my dad too far when it came to certain people.

"The airplane leaves in about an hour or two. And we are not staying longer than we have to. I really need to find my guy."

"Alright. I'll tell Jack." I walked out again and went to find him.

He was still in the same place I left him.