Chapter Twenty Seven

Las Vegas, Nevada.

Anna.

"Can we please just get a fucking lead already." Nate groaned, rubbing his face. There was only four of us in the room, yet it still felt crowded.

My face was red, and sweat started dripping down my forehead. Looking at Johnson's face for over an hour wasn't helping my nerves. I could barely hold back throwing my glass of wine at the screen. He killed my best friend. He's never coming back.

Sammy was the most genius person I knew. He could get a lead on anybody. Even Johnson, occasionally.

Now I'm stuck with a wrecked Nate, confused Jack, and Jada.

Nate couldn't be alone, he told me. He needed to be around people, or he'd do something stupid. I think I was the same way. But Jack helped me with that.

Jack seems to be caught in the middle of everything. And he won't get out unless everyone around him dies. At least he has a family to go back to, people who will accept him. All I have is my dad and some boys I kill people with.

My eyes started dropping, as my thoughts became heavy. I took a fast sip of my wine, trying to get my composure back. I didn't want anyone to see in me in a weak state, more than they already have.

I forced my eyes to stay open and focused on the screen as the others were doing. I knew it was the lack of sleep, food, and water I was having.

It wasn't out of depression, at least not most of it, but I've been working nonstop to find this jackass who had the nerve to kill Sam.

"What's that?" Jada asked, pointing at something that suddenly popped onto the screen. We all looked forward, seeing what looked like a chat bubble.

'He's back in Paris, France. Harold's party at 8. - Cooper.'

"God is alive gentlemen!" Nate rooted as he closed down the computer. Jada already left and Nate soon followed.

I looked at Jack. He was already looking at me, of course. I smiled lightly, trying to raise my mouth as much as I could.

"Anna, are you okay?" Jack secured his arm around my waist, making me lean against him for support.

"I'm really tired." I muttered, rubbing my eyes. He nodded, putting his other arm under my knees and lifting me up. It scared me at first, but I quickly secured my arms around his neck.

He carried me out to the jet, already with our stuff in it. I only saw the other two entering it before my eyes forced shut.

-

Paris, France.

"Anna, do what you do best." Nate patted my back as we entered the familiar house. He then stepped behind me, linking his arm with Jada's.

I took a deep breath, walking to the back of the living room. Jack was visible in the corner of my eye. He was looking around nervously, searching for his blonde friend.

I spotted Vixon, but I didn't go to him. I was going to make him find me.

I got into his line of sight, and stopped by the wine table. He could see my side from where he was sitting.