Chapter Twenty Four

Omaha, Nebraska.

Anna.

"You're back!" Sammy smiled, engulfing me into a hug. I giggled as his arms held tightly around me.

I heard a slight scoff behind us, but I didn't care. Someone was actually happy to be in my presence after the day, so I wasn't going to pay him any mind.

"You had to bring the bitch back?" Sammy teased, letting me go. I rolled my eyes and walked to the stairs. The bags on my arms hit my legs continuously as I made my way up.

Lauren had to leave after about an hour. I became friends with Aaron, due to us being abandoned basically the whole time. We even lost Lauren and Jack for a couple of minutes in the food court.

We decided to give up, and buy what we wanted and found a table. We talked and laughed for a little bit until the new couple found us.

Aaron didn't seem too happy at how much contact was made, but I didn't say anything.

"Did you buy some lingerie?" A deep voice spoke from the door way. I looked over as I set my bags down, and Nate was leaning against the wooden frame.

"Nah, just granny panties." I joked, causing him to chuckle. He walked further into the room and sat on the bed, watching as I put all my new clothes into my suitcases.

"Are you okay?" Nate asked. I glanced at him as I bent down to grab another suitcase.

"Yeah?" I laughed slightly. I felt okay. At least I think.

"Did something happen today?" He nagged on.

"Well..No, never mind." I sighed. He didn't really care what happened between Jack and I. Not that there was anything going on, but still. He didn't care who else I was with, as long as he got it every once in awhile.

"Anna, tell me." He urged me. I looked at him, not really sure if it was even something to dwell over.

"It was nothing really. Jack just saw a friend at the mall who was there with her boyfriend and they spent the rest of the time together." I rambled.

His eyebrows furrowed together, as he looked at me. "Friend? Like a girl?" He questioned.

"Yes. A very pretty, stunning girl." I huffed. It wasn't fair.

"And you're mad because they spent time together?" His eyebrows now raised, a smile trying to form on his face.

"Well, first of all, they were basically glued to each other. Second of all, the girl has a boyfriend. Third of all, I spent more time with her boyfriend than she did." He chuckled, watching me intently.

"You gonna fuck him or not?" He joked. I rolled my eyes, flipping him off. I shut all of my suitcases, pushing them under the bed.

"You suck at being able to talk to." I informed, walking to the door.

He quickly grabbed my wrist, though, turning me around to face him.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'm just used to making jokes. Let's sit and talk about it." He suggested. I thought about it for a couple of seconds, before nodding slowly.

He led me to the bed and sat down, pulling me onto his lap. His arms wrapped around my waist as I leaned against him.

"So what else happened?" He asked, his mouth close to my ear.
"Jack looked so intrigued the whole time they were talking. And even when they weren't talking, he had a smile on his face. I've never seen him do that before." I ranted.