Chapter Thirty

Las Vegas, Nevada.

Anna.

"You look like shit." Matthew walked into the tech room, drinking his coffee.

"I didn't sleep last night." I told him, focusing on the screen in front of me.

"You need sleep Anna." He leaned on the table next to me. A cup of coffee was pushed to me but I ignored it.

"I have more important things to focus on."

"Like your boyfriend?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes, annoyed at how he found this amusing.

"Either fuck off or help." I snapped at him.

He held his hands up and chuckled. "I'm not really taking a liking to sleep deprived Anna."

I rolled my eyes again, not bothering to answer him. Instead, I searched for houses Jack could be at.

When we found Jack was gone, we couldn't find anything that would link to who took him. It was most likely Johnson, considering we had no other big enemies at the moment.

Derek and I just stood there, not knowing what was going to happen.

For a moment, I wanted to curl up in Jack's bed, right where he was, and just fall asleep. Forever. So I didn't have to deal with it all. Maybe I could have dreams of a normal life, with Jack too.

Laughing, playing, no worries in the world. No wondering if you were going to get shot that night or one of your family members was going to die during a drug deal.

And I hoped, that when I would wake up, Jack would be back. Watching me sleep, and then give me one of his goofy smiles when I catch him.

Instead, I closed the window and the door, walking away from it. I hadn't looked at it for hours and I didn't plan to.

His stuff was still in there, I knew, but I wasn't about to let anyone touch it.

"What would you like help with?" Matthew finally sat next to me. He had finished his coffee and was probably going to be bouncing off the walls in a hour or so.

"We need a list of houses John owned." I told him. I was still trying to find safe houses in the area, but none of them were owned by guys on his team, or guys I knew.

"Alright." He pushed his chair to another computer.

I wasn't finding anything so I got up and walked out.

When I got to the kitchen, Derek and two other guys were having a conversation. I didn't want to disturb, so I stayed back. But I wasn't kind enough to walk away instead of listen to what they were saying.

"It's best if he's not here, you know that."

"He is our weakest link Derek. We don't need him. They're only looking so the girl doesn't bitch."
"No, that's not true. We need him. If David brought him here, it was for a reason." Derek obviously was on my side.

"I heard he was Johnson's best friend or something. Maybe he brought Jack to attract him and then he's just going to kill both of them in the end."

"He's not going to get killed. David would do anything for his daughter, and she wants Jack. We all know she gets what she wants."

"Guys, stop being rude. You don't know her. David is just protecting his own blood, something you two assholes don't know about."

"Derek, come on man. She fucks every guy she meets, and her dad lets her. How is that protecting your own blood?"