Chapter Five

Eastern Egypt.

Anna.

I watched Jack's face as we walked out of the building. He seemed a little uneasy but I expected it.

After quite a bit of begging, my father let us stay here for longer than a couple hours.

Usually, we would get the information and leave. But for this trip, I wanted Jack to enjoy his time.

I've been here before, multiple of times. I knew Jack hasn't though.

I went down to the hotel's pool with Jack right beside me.

I had no clue what my father was doing but he gave me an earpiece for whenever he needs me.

I felt Jack's eyes on me as I took my cover up off, but I didn't say anything.

I had my eyes on his back the way down the few stairs the hotel had and his abs the rest of the way.

I put my bag next to the chair and laid down. I planned on getting a really nice tan from this trip.

"You're not swimming?" I looked up at Jack through my sunglasses.

He was towering over my body, due to my position.

I shrugged. "I'm not really a swimming type of girl."

I heard him chuckle a little.

"C'mon. I won't splash you, I promise." He begged.

I sighed, giving in. He could tell so he made a weird noise and picked me up.

"Jack!" I panicked. He ignored my cries to let me down and jumped in the deep end.

When I resurfaced, I pushed his shoulders down, making him go back into the water.

He gripped my wrists and moved them, so he could come back up.

"Um, Annalise, you need me." He laughed.

I rolled my eyes playfully and splashed him.

He gave me a glare. "Oh, hun, its on."

Las Vegas, Nevada.

Jack.

I watched as Annalise got onto her bed, scrolling through her phone at the same time.

She had on joggers and a sweatshirt that matched.

"You must care a lot about your outfits." I laughed.

She laughed too and glanced up at me.

"Gotta always look good in action." She responded. I laughed harder and she joined.

"You're way too cute." I slipped out. I saw her blush and mumble a 'thank you'.

"Sorry.." I said right after.

"No, It's fine." She assured me. "You're cute too."

It was my turn to blush. Wait, I blush? Since when?

I got up and walked over to her. She eyed me carefully as I sat on the edge of her bed.

"What you doin' there?" She laughed slightly.

I shrugged in response and laid next to her.

"Annalise?" She looked down at the mention of her name.

"Yes?" Her eyebrow raised slightly.

"What happened to your mom?" I questioned, a little nervous.