Chapter Thirty Three

Jack.

I stared at the fresh dirt as the rain fell around me.

There was people surrounding me but I felt like I was alone. I basically was at this point. I didn't know what to do.

"You couldn't have helped her." Cooper patted my back as he walked behind me. I didn't respond to him as he walked to his car.

Mr. Copper and I were the only ones left at the graves as everyone else had left.

"She had so much excitement in her. She saw the world in a way no one could. I wished I could have spent more time with her." Mr. Copper spoke up as we stood at opposite sides of the new grave yard spot.

"Me too." I answered him.

"It's not your fault son. She was destined to die one of the days in her life." He sighed.

"It's not fair though. I never got to even love her." Tears started to stream down my face as I thought about her. All the times together, all the time apart.

"That's not true. I know you loved her, I saw it. And she loved you very much also. If she didn't, she wouldn't have gone to that house alone."

I nodded, not really wanting to talk on the matter anymore. I just wanted to think about her dad's words.

Did she really love me? I think she did. And I know I loved her. In the short time we spent together, I fell in love with her.

And I couldn't live without her.

I stared at the tomb stone, looking at her name carved in it. I didn't think I would see that until we're both 80 and dying together.

My heart hurt badly each time I thought about her but I couldn't stop thinking about her. Especially when I was right in front of her grave.

Annalise Copper
1996 ~ 2016

-

I shut the bathroom door and slid my back down it, sitting on the floor.

I stared at the ceiling, replaying all the good times in my life. All the times with my family, friends, Anna.

I loved the times I could just chill with Anna, and talk about whatever came to mind. She was the most amazing listener I knew and she was just wonderful all around. Thinking about her made me want to quit right then and there.

I looked down at the wall, looking at all of the browned spots and marks from the years it's been there. It was crazy to think that just about a year ago, I was just walking into this house and meeting the most important girl in my life.

I knew she was in a better place but I couldn't help but feel miserable. I wanted to reach out to my family but I couldn't bring myself to do it without Anna's smiling face right next to me.

Instead, I left a note for anyone who finds it. I left it on the front of the door, that way they knew what they were walking in to.

I gripped the gun in my hands, thinking about the day Anna died in my arms. I was shaking badly, trying to rock back and forth to calm myself down.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the thoughts. I put the gun against the bottom of my throat, pointing it up to my brain.

I was using the same gun that had killed Anna, that way I could feel somewhat connected to her death.

I took deep breaths as I looked away from anything.

My family flashed through my mind, making me close my eyes as tears started to form in them.

Johnson also crossed my thoughts. He had died that day too, and I cried for him, also. I didn't know losing my two most favorite people would hurt so much.

That's why I wanted to stop hurting and be with them. It was my decision. If my family had lived without me that long, they could get over me easily.

"I love you, Annalise." I whispered before pulling the trigger.

Jack Gilinsky
1996 ~ 2016