Chapter Seven

Sydney, Australia.

Anna.

"Jack Johnson."

I chuckled slightly at the boy's name. Coincidence? Maybe.

I felt Jack stiffen up next to me. What's wrong with him?

"C-can I see his, um, his picture?" He stuttered. I glanced over at him.

His face had dropped, no more satisfying smile on it. His eyes had a different depth than before.

He was...worried.

"Sure.." Samuel handed the paper, obviously as confused as I was

Father wasn't confused at all though. He knew why Jack was acting like this.

Of course he did. He probably knows everything about this boy. Every little tiny detail. And I barely knew anything.

Jack's face froze up when his eyes scanned the paper.

"Hey, you alright?" I whispered, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"He's trying to take it all in." Father stated.

Jack looked at my father, suddenly angry.

"You didn't pick me for Annalise. You picked me for your own entertainment!" He yelled, making me jump.

"Jack, no. That was not my reason at all." Father responded while trying to calm Jack down.

"No! You fucking knew! Even before you got the paper! You knew I'd have to watch you kill my best friend! You're a dick!" He got louder with every sentence.

Sam already made his way over to me. He made me stand up and stand with him, I'm guessing just in case Jack attempted anything.

"Mr. Gilinsky. You need to check yourself before you yell at me."

Jack's chest was rising up and down at a rapid speed. My hand found Sam's and gripped onto it.

I'm usually not scared. I've seen outbursts my whole life. But never at my father. I was scared for Jack's life.

Jack hit the table with his fist, clearly even more pissed off.

"You are not killing him! This is all bullshit! He didn't do anything!" Even with his warning, Jack still was yelling.

"I really don't think it's your decision." Father started snapping back, getting angry.

"So you're telling me this whole time, my best friend is doing the same thing as you?" Jack questioned, calming down a little bit.

"Not exactly. He is doing a different business."

"Well what kind of fucking business is he doing?" I was getting really fed up with Jack yelling at my father.

Samuel's hand left mine and he wrapped his arm around my waist.

It brought back memories, when I was with him. It was nothing official but he would treat it as it was.

He would take me out to dinners, buy me gifts on my birthdays and the holidays.

I was with a lot of different guys, I won't lie. But with all this work going on, I needed a stress reliever.

It wasn't fair to him, really. He knew me. He knew how we'd end up. But he had hope that we'd be together, forever.

Until it ended.