Chapter Twenty Eight

Paris, France.

Anna.

"Are you going to tell her, or am I?" Johnson smirked, looking at Jack.

I looked at Jack, curios on what he had to tell me. Jack returned the look, his eyes unreadable.

"No? You're not going to tell her?" Johnson spoke up. We both looked at him.

"Wait, no. I think she should see it for herself." He looked like he came up with the brightest idea, putting his finger up for affect.

He motioned both of us out of the room, and out of curiosity, I walked out.

Jack walked with his head down, only looking at his feet. He tried not telling me what happened through his face, because he knew I was looking. But I already knew something bad happened.

When we tuned the corner, I figured it out. Jada was there, crying like I once was when I found Sammy.

She looked up when we entered the room, quickly trying to wipe her tears.

"I tried all I could. He's gone." She explained, shaking her head.
Another flow of tears came down her face when she looked at him again.

Vixon was also dead, a couple of gunshots in his chest. I turned away from it all, running into Jack's chest. I think he planned it as he wrapped his arms around me, but I really didn't care.

Johnson was gone, and so were his men. Three of us remained on our team, barely even making a team. We're going to have to get more men that I've known, and I can trust.

Yeah right.

-

"Are you sure Jada?" I looked at her, holding her shoulders. She sniffed and nodded, looking down at her shoes.

"I'll put him next to Sammy, and then find some place to stay. I can't do this mission if people close to me keep getting killed." She finally looked up at me. I sighed and let go of her. There was no way I would get her to stay.

"You and Jack will do just fine. You two are perfect together." She tried assuring me. I smiled lightly, not wanting to argue with her.

"Bye Anna." She gave me a quick hug before picking her bag up and scurrying out of the house.

I watched as she got into her car, starting it and zooming off. I stepped back and shut the door, leaning my back against it.

I sunk down to the floor, pulling my legs to my chest. Jack was upstairs taking a shower, making the water running through the pipes the only sound.

My mind went back to my father. He was with Cooper, even though he didn't want to be. I hoped he was still alive, I hadn't talked to him in weeks.

Thinking about him made me remember before the party. Cooper was the one who told us Johnson was going to be at that party. But only the four of us were there, from our crew.

We didn't have back up, and one of our guys got shot. He didn't call for a report either. He didn't say sorry for Nate's death, like he did for Sammy.

He didn't send that message.

"God damnit." I stood up quickly, rushing to the stairs.

When I got to my room, I hunted for my phone. It was of course under the pillow where I had left it.

"Hello?" His deep voice boomed through the phone.

"When was the last time you've seen Johnson?" I asked, not bothering to greet him.