Chapter Two

Las Vegas, Nevada.

Anna.

I crossed my legs as I sat on the bed, pulling my macbook with me.

I had some business stuff to catch up on for my dad.

His agreement with me, so I can join him in his missions, is I at least have do actual document work.

As I was typing McLean's report, I heard a crash come from downstairs.

I froze. My father had left about an hour ago to go to Washington for a quick trip.

He couldn't be back this early, could he?

I got up quickly. I grabbed the pistol on my nightstand and walked to my door.

I was trained for this. To protect myself from the bad guys. Well the other bad guys.

I opened my door quietly, and checked my surroundings before heading downstairs.

A figure passed the doorway as my breath hitched in my throat. He was tall and looked a lot more muscular than me.

I followed him into the kitchen. His back was to me, his hands gun free.

Stupid. I thought to my self.

I put the gun on the counter, making him turn around. And in one swift moment, I had him on the ground with my foot on his chest.

I grabbed the gun again and pointed it at him.

He was trying to talk but stopped and gulped as he heard the gun click.

"Annalise, I wouldn't." I heard my father's voice behind me.

When I didn't budge, he went on.
"Anna, meet your body guard." I looked down at the boy breathing heavy on the ground.

"Oh."

I took my foot off and helped the boy up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." I apologized. I heard him chuckle.

"You sure as hell don't need a body guard." He responded.

I couldn't help but smile.

"Annalise, this is Jack. Jack Gilinsky." Father introduced him.

I looked him up and down. He was built pretty well but looked about my age.

"Why did you hire a teenager?" I raised an eyebrow at my father.

He cleared his throat. "Let's talk about this in my office."

Las Vegas, Nevada.

Jack.

I walked behind Annalise and her father, studying Anna's back side.

She was hot.

Like really hot.

And she can kick ass.

Well at least my ass.

I have never been more scared in my life. When she had me pinned by her foot and her gun pointed at my face, I was convinced that was it. My life was over.

Until her dad came and saved me. Thank god.

I had no clue why Mr. Copper hired me to protect Annalise. I had little experience compared to her.

"Both of you sit, please." Mr. Copper ordered. I followed his orders and I saw Annalise do so too.

"Anna, after what happened in the Casino, I have been extremely worried for your safety." He faced his daughter.

"That kind of stuff happens all the time." She rolled her eyes.

I got kind of frightened at her words.

"Yes, but McLean was going for you." I could see the worry on his face.

"Father, he's dead. I'm fine."

I saw Mr. Copper's jaw tighten and he looked down for a slight second.

"He wasn't the leader of the mission. The guy is still out there. And from the messages I'm getting, he wants you."

Annalise froze in her seat. I was scared for her too. And I have to protect her from all of this?

She sucked in her lips and nodded slightly.

"So," he turned to me with a warm smile. "This is what Jack's here for."

I felt Anna's eyes on me.

"No offense Jack, but why him? He looks to have no experience, at all."

"None taken." I mumbled.

"Annalise, you have to trust me." He started.

"Jack is going to pose as your boyfriend."