Chapter Eighteen

Atlantis, Bahamas.

Anna.

All the air seemed to be sucked out of my lungs as he stared at me. How could I answer a question like that?

Either way I answer, I'd probably end up dead.

"I'll take the silence as a yes." He said, a little annoyed.

"Guards!" Taylor hollered, loud enough for them to hear. Seconds later, two men in black suits came inside the room.

"Take Matthew, please." I quickly looked at Taylor.

"Are you going to kill him?" I questioned, obvious worry in my voice. Matthew could not die because of me. I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Matthew was a close friend of mine. Mostly like a best friend. I hadn't seen him for about 4 years though. He had missions that kept him busy most of the time. But when I called him about Johnson, he agreed.

"Depends on you." He answered.
The guards untied Matthew's ropes and stood him forcefully. Holding a gun to his head, he pushed him to the door.

Matthew looked back at me, with pleading eyes. He had this, I knew. He wouldn't die.

One of the guards pushed him again, out of the door this time.

A sigh left my mouth. Taylor shut the door again and leaned against it. My head hung low, not being able to bring myself to look at him.

My heart was pounding out of my chest. I was alone, and the walls were closing in on me. It was a matter of time before I go crazy, and scream at Taylor.

My father, Jack, and now Matthew. All being held captive because I'm the threat.

I've never had that many people to save before. Sure, we've had risky situations, but this time, we're dealing with clever men. They aren't playing around.

"So, do you want your little friends and your father to survive?" Taylor spoke up.

I finally looked up at him. I wanted to spit in his face, kick him in the balls, and shoot him in the heart. Whatever gets this guy realize he's messing with the wrong girl.

"Answer me." He ordered. I gulped and nodded.

"That's what I thought. Now I have a deal to offer you." A smirk had formed and he walked closer to me. His hands found their way to his pockets and rested there.

"And what's that?" I rolled my eyes. If this guy thinks he can get into my pants, he's got another thing coming.

"I want you to drop this Johnson case, and work for us."

I scoffed. "I'd rather work with a donkey."

He chuckled and shook his head. "Very bad decision, Annalise." He muttered something to himself.

"Can't we just give you money and be over it?" I asked quickly, remembering the people I was putting into risk.

"We have plenty of that." He looked down at me now, his body towering over mine.

"I-I don't know what else I can give you.." I stuttered.

"I gave you my deal. You work with us and your people get to live."

I looked up at him, searching his eyes for a lie. I didn't want to do this and find out this was a trick the whole time.

"Fine," I said finally, sighing. "I'll work wi-"