Chapter 5: 9th Grade... (Freshman)

Sci-Twi is 14 years old and is a freshman at Crystal Prep Academy. Shining Armor works at her school now. But she doesn't know who's the dean and the principal, this year? She wonders, if there's any new changes around her school? Because she would like some.

In 7th grade, she got moved up a gifted class, but Lemon Zest and the other girls she knew, had stayed at their own gifted class, that she use to go to with them. Sci-Twi couldn't believe that she was in 9th grade now.

The speakers beeped up, which meant that there was going to be an announcement now, "Good morning, students. All students must go to the gym for an assembly, that is going to happen, in about 20 minutes." the female voice said. The speakers turned off.

An assembly? Sci-Twi wondered what it was going to be all about. She hadn't been to a assembly in a while. Students were walking around, to get to the gym for the assembly. Sci-Twi was walking and she saw Lemon. She looked confused? She looked at her, as she took off her pink head phones off of her head, "Hey. Did anything, happen, Twilight?"

"Well...actually, yes. Something, did 'happen', it was the announcements." Sci-Twi said to Lemon.

"The announcements? What about it? I wasn't listening to it, because I was listening to my music, in my head phones."

"Oh. That's ok, I'll just tell you, Lemon Zest."

Lemon nodded to Sci-Twi.. to keep on talking. "The announcements.. said that, we all must go to the gym, in twenty minutes for an assembly."

Lemon put her head phones to rest on her neck, "20 minutes! Woah! Then, let's go!"

Sci-Twi looked at her as she ran in the hallway. Lemon stopped and looked back at her, "Aren't you, coming!?"

"Yah. Sure, Lemon Zest." Sci-Twi looked back at her and started to run with her too, so they can go to the gym already. They went to the gym and sat down..at the bleachers.

Sci-Twi sat down next to Lemon. A woman with brown glasses, walked up to the gym and started to speak into the microphone that she was holding in her hand, "Welcome, Crystal Prep students. As you know, I called you, in here for an assembly..."

★★★★★

The lady that was speaking was the new principal of Crystal Prep. Principal Cinch. "Every four years, Crystal Prep, competes against Canterlot High, in something known, as the 'Friendship Games'. Here at Crystal Prep, we want to do our very best, which means, we need to win! We have a big reputation, since the Friendship Games has been started, for generations." She said. "Canterlot High has never won once, which means they don't have a reputation. So we need to get out there and.. WIN!"

"WIN!" Lemon Zest and the rest of the Shadowbolts shouted as they put their fists up in the air. Sci-Twi just stood quiet. The Friendship Games sounds.... I can't find the word for it. Well it, seems that everybody here..likes it. And, is already in school spirit, by the looks of it. I wonder why Canterlot High, hasn't even won the Friendship Games, once?

The Friendship Games are probably about friendship and getting along. I don't want to be in it, for sure. I would rather read books than go to it. Wait. The Friendship Games!? I've heard of it before. Because Shining Armor has mentioned it, when I was back in kindergarten. He's been in it.. once. He came back at home, saying that Crystal Prep.. won as usual.

★★★★★

Seems like everybody, is excited about it. Not me. Sci-Twi was in the cafeteria, grabbing her lunch, and she sat down at a table by herself outside. She sighed and saw Sunny Flare and the others. "What are you, doing here, Twilight?" Sugarcoat asked.

"I'm just by myself, and I'm eating my lunch." Sci-Twi replied.

"Don't worry, I'll let you girls, have the table. Besides, I'm going to be on my way..to the library." Sci-Twi started to get up from the table, offering them some seats. And she threw her lunch bag and bottle of water away. She put on her backpack, "Now... I'll be going, so bye!"

"Yah. See you later, in class, Twilight." Sugarcoat and the others said.

At lunch, Sci-Twi has always been going to the library. It was open at school all the time, it was officially her hang-out. But by herself. She spends her time, doing her homework there and reads a lot of books. I'm a really HUGE bookworm. I've almost read all of the books, there is to read in my academy's library. Gosh! I love reading! It just brings me, joy. Like I'm actually in the story itself. Reading, actually calms me down. It relaxes me.