Working with the Enemy?

This chapter finally delves deeper into what became of Edgar. (Why did 'finally' auto correct into 'dinosaur')
-

Everything was dark. It was scary, thinking that all you probably did after you died was subconsciously float through darkness. Is this what it felt like?

Des could've had better nightmares than this. She was paralyzed, lying on a bed. The floors were an iridescent purple, and the room was decorated with the finest of furniture. The dressers were antique, painted in an off white. The accents were in gold paint. The finest tapestries decorated the chic walls, and Des could crane her head to see two handsome butlers, with ornate green suits, solemnly guarding large, heavy looking doors, with some sort of symbol perfectly etched into the middle of each. It seemed like a double sided axe. The symbol of renewal and transformation.

Well, world history was good for one thing.

Des turned her head to the left, and tried to keep calm. A shadowed figure stared back at her. Clad in leather and curled horns protruded from his head.

"Hello, Destiny. I am Edgar Codex. Sorry for the rude awakening. And.. rude... kidnapping. And knocking you out. Look, I'm sorry for a lot of things! But, I have a business proposal for you."

He smiled devilishly.

"One you'll be too tempted to refuse."

-
Sorry it's short. I might update and add onto it later, but it's about 10:30pm and I'm fucking tired. XD