Chapter 12

I was right. This have changed here. And drastically. With the third Hokage dead, Lady Tsunade has taken the position. Sasuke and Naruto have been fighting more often, and Sakura is always busy.

Shikamaru was the only one promoted to Chunin. I'm extremely happy for him, but I'm a bit upset that I never got a chance to show my abilities.

Sasuke and I have been spending more time together, but always in silence. Just like now, we are sitting in a tree. It's already night and we are in our pajamas, but neither of us seems to care. We were too busy thinking with our hands intertwined.

Just as I was coming out of one thought and into another, some unfamiliar presence set off an alarm in my head. I gave Sasuke's hand a quick squeeze, which he returned, and stood up into a fighting stance.

Four ninjas I haven't seen before appeared around us.

"Okay," Sasuke pressed his back to mine, "who are you? Out with it."

The one with more arms than necessary quickly replied.

"We're the Sound Ninja Four. I'm-"

I adjusted my foot so I was closer to the one speaking.

"Forget the name formalities. What do you want?"

They quickly sprung into action, going all directions. I jumped out of the way of Lipstick before he could land a hit on me. Sasuke kicked him back towards the tree.

As Baby Head tried to hit Sasuke, I grabbed his bow. Siamotainously, we threw Arms and Baby Head towards the tree trunk. After they collided with Pink and Lipstick, a giant ball of smoke appeared.

"Shit.." I muttered under my breath.

"Substitution jutsu.."

We both looked to where the actual Four were standing.

"Before we go another round I should warn you, you might want to think about it. I'm in a really bad mood."

Lipstick chuckled.

"Stop your prowling. Come on kids. We're waiting. I'm going to play Do Re Me on this ribs of yours till they break! "

Sasuke suddenly pushed me back as he jumped towards Lipstick. When I stood up I could see a smirk on Lipstick's face as Sasuke went in for a punch.

"Do!"

Sasuke was hit, but I could see by what.

"Re!"

Another hit on Sasuke. This time hard enough for him to be launched towards the tree. I caught him in my arms and was hit my back on the trunk of the tree.

Sasuke quickly stood back up, but obviously hurt.

"Hm... Your bones ring with a nice low tone."

I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. I grabbed Sasuke and jumped up and out of the way of Arms, who tried to kick him. Arms shot what looked like webs at us, swinging us towards Baby Head. He then hit us both towards Lipstick.

"I think we'll go with a Me Fa So combination now."

Sasuke grabbed onto my hand, pulling me with as his being to replicate the move Rock Lee had used before.

"I've had enough!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I honesty don't know what Lord Orochimaru sees in him. Or why he would want her at all."

I didn't even pay attention to what else he had to say until he mentioned our friends. Pink jumped in front of us. Upside down is not a good angle for her.

"You should stop being a fool and come with us. Lord Orochimaru offers you power!"

We were both thrown towards a wall.

"So what's it going to be kids? Are you in? Or out?"

I grunted as I moved to just barely sit up. I looked up to see Sasuke moving in front of me.

"I swear if these runts make me wait any longer, I'll ring their necks out."

The curse mark from before grew over half of Sasuke.

"Come and try it!"

He lunged at them only to be easily kicked back beside me.

"Come on now. You didn't think you were Lord Orochimaru's only pet did you?" Lipstick and the others showed off their curse marks.

They went on badmouthing the village, our friends, offering power in exchange for freedom. But I knew as soon as they mentioned Itachi Uchiha, they had Sasuke.

"And you," Lipstick pointed at me, "Don't you want to be taught how to be stronger, more powerful?"

My heat harshly beat.

"There is power in you being held back because of your mother! Don't you want to unleash that and show you are more than just some wrestler? To show how powerful of a ninja you truly can be?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With them now gone, Sasuke and I had a decision to make. Stay in the village? Or willingly go with the Sound Four to Orochimaru?

I carefully put my hand over Sasuke's.

"What are you thinking?"

He kept clenched his fists.

"I need to go. I need his power so I can do what I need to..."

I nodded silently.

"I see."

He moved my head so I was looking at him.

"And you, (Y/N)? Are you going to come with to see how strong you can be without being held back?"

When I didn't answer, he stood up.
Quickly I grabbed onto his hand and pulled him down. I grabbed his chin with my other hand and brought his eyes to mine.

"If I go, it's for you. But if it makes you happy, I will become powerful as well."

We both stood up. Hand in hand.

The only thing left to do was go change before we snuck out of the village to go join the crazy, evil man that was my father.