Chapter 15

I looked at the map one more time to make sure I had the right village. Why would he send me somewhere so close to the boarder? Before I got too close I slipped on the mask that Sasuke had given me over my face.

'Just in case.'

I glanced at my list one more time, then calmly made my way to the village.

~~~~~~~~~

I stared closely at the last item on the list.

'Ramen? Why do we need ramen?'

The rest of the items were herbs and a few common medical tools. So ramen just seemed so out of place.
And sadly I couldn't find a ramen shop to save my life.

It was already getting late and shops were closing. I decided to rent a room for the night.

As I walked down the street I felt as if someone was watching me. I took a few odd turns, but the feeling didn't go away. I went down to a dark alley with a dead end.

"What is she doing?"

"Sh! You'll get us caught!"

They sound.... Familiar. I turned around to see no one behind me. I hear a couple of mumbles and move my eyes up to a roof top.

'Gotta make this quick.'

I quickly made a hand sign under my sleeves. I was now behind one of the stalkers with my knife to his throat. The other quickly reacts by throwing a knife at me, but I easily deflect it.

With another me holding a knife to the other stalker's throat, they stand still.

"What do you want?"

I try to lower my voice to sound more intimidating, I'm not sure if it worked.

I can't see the one who answers.

"More importantly, what are you doing?"

That voice.. Is it?

"Pervy Sage?"

The stalker in my arm stops squirming and gives us both a confused look.

"Do you know her Pervy Sage?"

I drop my knife and back away. My clones are gone now, and the two men are giving me strange looks as I fall to the ground. Tears they can't see are running down my face.

"I don't think so unless it's-"

"Naruto. It's really you! Pervy Sage. It's really you!"

In the process of crying my mask came untied and fell. I finally looked up at the two, face fully exposed.

I could hear their breaths hitch.

"(Y/N)? Is--Is that really you?"

Naruto quickly moved towards me, bending down so he could wrap his arms around me.

"Oh (Y/N). What did he do to you?"

Pervy Sage shook his head.
After a few minutes I was finally able to stand up.

"Come on! We are on our way back to the Lead Village! You should come with us!"

I picked my mask up and made sure that it wasn't cracked.

"I can't."

Naruto seemed extremely confused.

"What? Why not?"

Pervy Sage put a hand on Naruto's shoulder.

"I have to get this last thing and then go back to...."