Chapter 24: I Meet the Devil's Assistant

OK SO I TOOK A SHORT BREAK AND LONDON'S PIC ON SIDE!! AND MAYBE KATE AND LONDON'S ON SIDE!! MEET HIM IN NEXT CHAP. 

Avery's POV<

After Kate stormed off I couldn't help but follow her, as much as she didn't want to attempt it she needed me, and I needed her in more ways then others. Kate must have realised that I was following her because she stopped dead in her tracks and turned to face me. 

"Avery, what fucking part about leave me alone are you not getting?" She asked crossing her arms. 

"Why are you so mad at me, its not like I'm the one who broke off our matting!" Threw my hands up in the air in frustration. "You were the one who didn't want to be with me, who left me and pretty much broke my heart! This is why I never fall in love," I said muttering the last bit. 

She looked at me in slight shame. 

I was so close to her now, I could see her breath in the cool air. Her hair was whipping around her face from the wind, but she hardly realized it. "Why are you so afraid of coming back to me?" I asked hopping the answer was what I wanted to hear. 

She looked down at the ground and when she looked back up I could see their were crystallized tear frozen on her cheeks. Her eyes were like blue oceans on a stormy night, her makeup was still perfect even though she was crying. 

"Avery.....its not that I don't want to come back to you. It's just that...." She looked down again and wouldn't look at me. "I feel like I'm going to fuck it all up again. I came into your life and you mom hates me, your life was turned inside out and I wasn't even scared when we got torn apart." 

I took a step closer, but when I did she looked up and she said this, "Avery I don't want to let anyone else inside my head, there are to many voices inside there already. They keep telling me to go away, to go to someone else, to find the Shadow man." She smiled and laughed awarkledy, " The worst thing they'll tell me is to kill you, yes they tell me to kill you almost.....everyday." She looked distrait. 

"Kate," I said pulling her close to me. This was the first time in a very long time that she didn't pull away. 

"Avery, get off, or they'll hurt you." She whispered. 

"Kate, your safe, your loved, your the most fearless girl I've met, tell those damn voices that and see what they think." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. 

"No..." She moaned and I could tell she was about to break down. 

"Shhhh..." 

"Avery." She said it with such confidence and firm voice I couldn't move. "I'm not scared. Why arn't I scared?" 

"I..I..I don't know..." I said. 

"No! NONONONONO!!! That's not going to happen!! Leave me alone!! I want to be scared!!" She yelled pushing me away with such strength that I stumbled backwards. 

As soon as I regained my balance, I saw Kate standing in the middle of the busy street yelling "I'm not scared! I want to be scared! Come on, come on!! Scare me!! Get out of my head!!!" 

"Kate!" I screamed just as a big truck came out of nowhere. 

She turned smiled at me then jumped the truck completely clearing it, leaving a stunned me starring back at her. 

When she came back over to me, I hugged her tight and laughed. "How are the voiced now?" 

"Louder, because your here." She said almost pulling away again. 

"Then let's shut them up." I grabbed her arm and pulled her back to me, making her hit my chest hard and I crushed my lips to hers. 

She didn't want to at first but in like 3 seconds she gave in and kissed me back hard. I wrapped my arms around her tiny waist and completely crushed her. She moaned and ran her hands up and down  my neck and in my hair.