Chapter Fourteen

Beth is played by Caitlin Carmichael

-

Have you had one of those moments when you are so infuriated with someone and sad as well. Well that's James and me right now, we've gotten into more arguments since Hogsmeade. We haven't been talking at all unless it is to yell at each other, nobody has taken sides they all want us to be friends.

I spend most of my time in the library reading at the top of the shelves where nobody sees me. In fact that's where I am now, I'm reading a new muggle series and it is probably my favorite so far. But I hear footsteps storm into the library making me set my book down and look over the edge.

Remus and Sirius were walking in with an annoyed looking James in tow. "Guy I don't know what you're planning but I really don't want to be a part of it," James complains while Sirius and Remus look around ignoring him. "Come on Remus, Octavia isn't here lets go," Sirius whispers. I jump down right behind them, "you rang," I say and they jump five feet in the air then turn around.

"Where did you come from!" Sirius exclaims, "a place now what do you want," I say bitterly. "Hold out you hand," Remus says, I sigh loudly then hold it out, Sirius grabs it and then quickly puts on hand cuff around my wrist then closes it, and grabs James and and clips the other handcuff to it.

It happened before I could move or even process what had happened. "Sirius!" James and I yell at the same time but then Remus puts and bunch of charms on the hand cuffs and they both run of out the library. Now my right hand was stuck to his left hand, we glare at each other then in sync we run of the library going to find Remus and Sirius.

I needed these cuffs off there is something I have to do tonight, I can't have people knowing I'm doing it especially James. We run up to the boys dormitory where they say on the bed, it was almost funny how they looked if I wasn't so mad.

Sirius was wearing football pads with a frying pan over his head, he had taped pillow all over his body and he was curled up in a ball holding a baseball bat to defend himself. Remus was hiding behind Sirius wearing the football helmet and looked like he cocooned himself up in ten blankets.

They probably weren't scared of James but were terrified of me, I storm over to them dragging James behind me. "Get these off now!" I yell at them and they shrink back, "n-n-not until y-you makeup." Sirius stutters as he quivers. I glare extremely hard at them then grab Sirius by the shirt and force him up. I hold my fist to his face getting ready to punch him, James didn't seem like he wanted to stop me.

"Let us out now," I say with a deathly cold voice, "n-n-no," Sirius stutters. Then my fist bursted into flames as my elemental side came out, I couldn't control myself. Sirius screams and I let go of him and try to put my fist out but it wouldn't go out. I rush out of the dorm with James being dragged behind me.

I run outside with James following when we are away from people I stop running, we were right next to Black Lake. The flames had gone down a bit but not a lot, I close my eyes and relax. When I open my eyes my hand is back to normal but my other hand was still stuck to James.

I pull out my wand and start shooting spells at the hand cuffs but nothing worked. I think James was saying something but I tuned him out as I got more desperate and needed the cuffs off, I couldn't wait one more night. This morning in the daily profit they found a note from Voldemort.

'Tonight's the night of recruits, those you who understand be ready,'

I know what it meant and I have to do this, I make my hand go up in flames again and I move it towards the hand cuffs but then the next thing I know James tackles me into The Black Lake. I sit up spitting water out of my mouth, "what the hell James!" I yell. "You were going to burn our hands off!" He yells back. "I need the cuff off my hand!" I yell standing up and forcing him up to.