Chapter Twenty Three

Today has been mostly boring to me, I read in the library while Beth was beside me using Sirius as a jungle gym while he tried to study. James and I have come to a mutual understanding of each other, although he does seem to keep pissing me off. So all is good right? Wrong. Though the first part of my day was normal and boring the the rest was an absolute nightmare.

But wait, wait, wait. I'm getting ahead of myself, lets go back....

"Beth get off Sirius!" I exclaim looking over at them. Beth had her legs rapped around Sirius's neck and was hang down against his chest, she was covering Sirius book with one hand and the other was grabbing at his shirt. "But Padfoot wannnnntsssss me here!" Beth exclaims making madam Pince shush us.

"I need a ten minute break," I whisper, "can you watch Beth?" I ask Sirius, "yeah but I get a break after you," he says trying to peel Beth off the book he was trying to read (SURPRISE). I nod and walk out of the library trying to unfry my brain.

I wanted to stop thinking but it wasn't working, after walking to a while I lean against the wall but just as I close my eyes to relax I get pulling into a broom closet. I turn on the light to see Sirius, wait that was not Sirius, it was Regulus, Sirius's brother. I never really talked to him but I know he is probably a death eater by now.

"Octavia don't scream." He whispered.

"do I look like the screaming type?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and crossed arms.

"Okay listen let's cut to it, I know you are you-know-who's daughter and I know he is after you, he is planning to attack Hogwarts tonight to try to kill you. I'm sick of being a death eater, but I can't back out now, I'm in to deep. I thought you should know. Don't tell anyone I was the person who told you, I'll be killed." He finished then exited the broom closet.

I didn't know what to do, should I have taken this Siriusly, should I have not. I'll made up my mind to tell Dumbledore, I hurried back to the library to drag Sirius with me, Beth sat on his shoulders and pulled on his hair. "Octavia, I am never having kids," he stated trying to keep his hair normal. Normally I would have laughed at this but with what Regulus had said I couldn't bring my self to laugh.

Sirius asked me repeatedly why we were going to Dumbledore but I said I would just explain when we got there. We reached Dumbledore's Griffin door and after a few tries of shouting various sweets at the door I get the password right.

When we enter his office Beth jumped off of Sirius, "Beardy!" She squealed and ran to hug Dumbledore. "He's coming! He's coming tonight we must be ready when he does!" I exclaimed, not being able to hold on in any longer. Dumbledore stopped laughing and he put Beth down.

"How do you know?" Dumbledore asked Siriusly.

"Inside information," I said vaguely looking at Sirius and thinking about protected Regulus. If what he told me was true I couldn't have Voldemort knowing he betrayed him. "He wants me dead," I state, "just make sure there is no way he can get into the school, please." I was desperate I couldn't have him hurting my friends.

Dumbledore nodded solemnly and hurried over to a few portraits and whispered things, the portraits run off and when Dumbledore sat back down he assured us everything would be alright.

"The proper people have been notified there is extra protection on the castle. There is no way he could be getting in here tonight." He said in his calm voice.

Dumbledore's word calmed my nerves a bit but not enough for me to rest easy. We left Beth with Dumbledore and Sirius and I ran off to them Remus and James what had happened. For now everything was calm.

<3<3<3<3

Hello Muggles,

*gets brick thrown at my face

Okay I'm so sorry, I haven't updated in a really long time. I've been stuck on this chapter forever. I decided just to post what I had of it so I could move on and clear my head for the next chapter. I love you guys and for those of you who will continue reading I only have a few chapters left then I'm done. I'm hoping to do a sequel of there 6th year if I get to it. Maybe for now I should just focus on finishing this story. I promise I'm going to update more often. Please don't kill me, I'm so sorry. Luv ya,

-Grangergal Out-