Chapter 9

"I know! He's the mysterious type!"

"You know, we never know what he's going to do next and we don't really know a lot about him!"

"Uh—I haven't even joined yet."

"Yet," Kyoya smirked at the word, so he was thinking about joining—not that Shion had much of a choice to begin with.

Shion sighed, "Sure why not. Though that's only if I don't find another club by the end of the week..." Damn, I shouldn't have said that. Now I know Kyoya will pull some strings to get me to join... Ugh...

"How did you learn how to act Shion?" Hani asked from atop of Mori's shoulders.

"Where did this come from?"

"Well... You just practically transformed into another person."

"And that's not something a third-rate actor can do."

"So you two thought I was some third-rate actor?" The twins shook their heads furiously. Shion plopped down onto the couch behind him with a sigh, "I started with some school plays as a kid, it interested me so while I moved a lot I joined troupes in various countries. I auditioned for movies and commercials, and after that, I eventually became the leader of an improv-slash-acting troupe."

"Improv?"

"Improvisation, when you act out a random scene in the moment, it's usually melodramatic and funny. You need to have a knack for thinking of things on the spot."

"I want to try this improv!" Tamaki had never acted before. Even during school festivals his classes never did any plays.

"Maybe you could do it as a club activity?" Shion offered as an idea.

"You would have to host it though." Kyoya came in with an unintentional pun. Shion almost snorted.

"Like I just said Ootori, I haven't joined yet." There were still a few days until the deadline.

• • • • • •

"Ugh..." Shion grumbled into the pile of leaves he was lying down face first in. It was chilly outside and he was taking refuge in a pile of leaves.

"What's up Shion?" Satsuki poked Shion's head with a plastic sucker stick, curious to what he was dreading over.

"If I can't find a club to join I'll be joining the host club by default."

"Well it can't be too bad, can it?" Aaron overlooked Shion's little meltdown from the branch of a tree he was hanging upside down on. "They only accept the handsome ones. If they want you, you have to be pretty handsome."

"But hosting... Hosting! It's encouraging prostitution for men!" Shion threw some leaves up into the air in frustration.

Satsuki snorted, "As if that adorable little third-year Hanizuka is a prostitute."

A very bad image came to their minds. They snapped out of the trance and waved the imaginary thought cloud away.

"Oh God, the horror!" Aaron exasperated, then he stroked his chin thoughtfully, "But seriously... He would totally be the Uke."

"Then who would be the seme?" Satsuki added onto the ridiculous conversation. "Ah, that Takashi guy! They're always together!"

"Oh, what about those twins in the first year? The... Chin twins? Hata–no Hitachiin? Yeah, the Hitachiin twins." Aaron added more fuel to the raging fire.

"I know that they do this whole incest thing for their hosting thing. Though I don't know who would be the topper—Oh! There's also Suoh Tamaki and Ootori Kyoya in our class! They have this whole Papa Mama thing going on."