Chapter 19

Hello my readers! Sorry for the wait on this instalment of The Musician, I've had a rather terrible case of writer's block, and just could not get any inspiration.

A forewarning (hah foreplay) for some more... descriptive sexual themes.

I'm just gonna change the rating of this story to Mature now.

• • • • • •

"Awww... I was hoping to see Shion today." A girl whined with dignity.

"It's been... three days," another sighed, daintily putting a gloved hand on her cheek, "I do hope that he is alright."

"I'm certain that he will be able to attend next week ladies!" Tamaki's smile blinded them with his princely charm, distracting them from Shion's absence.

"Huh, I guess he's the mysterious type for a reason." Kaoru laughed, "He just up and disappeared. The girls miss him." The twins shivered when they felt a wave of malevolence wash over them.

"Is... Is Kyoya alright?" Hikaru stage-whispered to his twin, slightly worried for their safety. "He's been acting weird."

"I think he's just pissed off that Shion isn't here," Haruhi commented. "His sales must be plummeting." Or he was irritated that the girls were whining about Shion not being there. Haruhi's reason was also valid.

"Do you know why he's missing Haru-chan?" Honey asked, trotting up to her and the twins, Usa-chan in arms.

"No clue." There was no hesitation. If she did know, she would have already informed them. "Whenever I go to check if he's home, he's not." She had the spare key to his house, so every once in a while, she could check-in.

"You think that," "he might be having an affair?!" The twins gasped dramatically and embraced. There was a string of unintelligible mumbling coming from Kyoya's general direction.

"Takashi, Kyoya's being scary." Honey clung onto the leg he hid behind.

Mori nodded, "He is acting strangely."

Haruhi blinked, a little lightbulb going off inside her head. Oh... I see now. Satsuki had been ranting to her during lunch the other day about Kyoya and Shion. Haruhi had tuned her out somewhat—because when Satsuki was like that, there was no shutting her off—but recalled her talking about a probable confession. She also remembered her telling that Shion was acting like everything was normal, while Kyoya had been awkward around him in classes.

"You seem to know what's going on."

Haruhi looked away from Kyoya, whose ire was tangible, and to Mori. He had a knowing look in his eye. "Yeah... I think I do." She smiled a little, "I think it'll be good for him."

Kyoya stopped typing on his laptop. He could feel his eye twitching. He was irritated. Shion was acting weird—and by weird, completely normal. What irked him now was that Shion hadn't been at school for the past three days.

He was going to investigate after the club finished. He also had the work that he missed.

It didn't mean that he missed seeing Shion.

It most certainly did not.

• • • • • •

Shion breathed heavily in exertion and gently—well, as gently as he could—put the medicine ball on the ground as to not disturb the neighbours below him. He'd been busy lately so he hadn't been able to work out as much as he would have liked. Usually, he worked out every other day for an hour or two, but with his little crisis, he had to stop for a couple of days. He sat up straight and relaxed his shoulders, breathing in deeply with his diaphragm, he breathed into a balloon, filling it up with three breaths. He changed his exercise and moved on to a set of crunches.