03. Brotherhood

The sun was bright and the ground hard and cold, but Niklaus was only focused on the girl standing in front of him. Ragna looked down on Klaus, he had just transformed back into human form after his days long werewolf rampage.

"I thought you would never turn back," Ragna smirked.

He rolled onto his back looking into the sun smiling, he wanted to enjoy this moment and the feeling he felt. He never felt so free or alive, this is what he has been missing for the past 1,000 years, but the moment was interrupted as a pile of clothes were thrown on top of his naked body. He turned his head to see his brother standing there with a stern look on his face.

"You've been busy," Elijah commented.

Klaus smiled once more, "That was amazing. How long has it been?"

Almost 2 days," Elijah answered, "Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf."

Klaus stood up, stepping into his pants. "I can change at will, then. It's good to know. I remember every single kill."

Elijah nodded, "Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way."

Klaus smirked, "Just like old times, brother."

"You've had your fun," Elijah glared at his younger brother, "I believe we have a bargain."

"That's right.  Now, what was it again?"  Klaus asked with sarcasm in his voice, "Oh, yeah. Wait. I remember. That's it. You wish to be reunited with our family."

"Now is not the time Klaus," Ragna interrupted, "You need to build an army first and I suggest you do it soon."

Klaus looked back, at the empty space behind him, catching Elijah's attention, "What is it you keep looking at brother?"

Klaus opened his mouth to try to find words, but he couldn't find the right ones. He wanted people to know about Ragna, but he was afraid no one would believe him. He looked at his older brother, they have been through so much together. With all the things they have both seen, and things they have heard from their human life from their mother, surely a part of Elijah would believe him.

"You gave me your word, Niklaus," Elijah said interrupting.

"What kind of brother would break his bond?" Klaus asked still looking at Ragna, "Even though you did try to kill me..

"What are you looking at?" Ragna questioned Klaus, "I might look a mess but at least I'm not half naked."

"I could have," Elijah said, "But I didn't." He helped Klaus put his jacket on, still trying to figure out what pushed him back that night.

"And now no one can, not even you," Klaus mumbled, "Relax, Elijah. All is forgiven."

"Where are they?"

Klaus smiled, "You need to lighten up. I'll bring you to them soon enough."

The brothers shared a silence, one that was filled the sounds of there surrounded. Just a few miles away, Klaus almost died and Ragna found out what she was suppose to do by taking to Hlín.

"I'm telling him," Klaus said aloud.

Both Ragna and Elijah looked at him confused, but for different reasons. Ragna didn't think Klaus would tell anyone, she wasn't sure with Klaus was allowed to tell anyone, she wondered if that was a protector rule or something. She noted to check with Hlín about that. Elijah looked around, trying to figure out who is brother was speaking to. Nobody but the two of them were out deep in the woods. For the first time Elijah questioned Klaus' sanity.