Chapter 17

This stuff is getting intense. I'm close to tears. I know how its going to play out, but I'm getting in the story.

Damien's POV

I felt the link we had disappear.

Mikayla?! I cried, frantic.

Damien, look! Koda screamed. I ran over to her. Lying on the floor, bleeding, was Collin.

D-Damien. He coughed, blood pouring from his jaw.

What is it? I whimpered.

Take care of Mikayla. Go find her. I have fulfilled my duty as her protector. Now I must leave. He rasped.

No! Don't go! I cried.

His eyes closed, and then he went still. I lifted my head back and howled. Everyone else was Ok, save for a few wounds.

We need to find Mikayla. Now. I snarled.

I can search for the scent. Growled Nick. He took off, snuffing around.

Start searching for clues! I commanded, my wolf pissed. How dare that stupid piece of shit take my mate?!

Damien! I have something! Yelped Nick.

I bolted over and sniffed the ground. The ugly stench of my "father" burnes my nose. I snarled and followed the trail. A couple of wet droplets decorated the ground. Tear stains. They were already drying, and there was a pool of blood. I growled even more.

Come on. I lunged forward, the rest of the fighters following.

The sharp, thorny ground stuck my paws, but I paid no heed to them. My focus was on my mate. My beautiful mate who was my world. We weaved through trees. Suddenly, five rogues appeared. They had escaped.

I snarled and collided head-on with the biggest ones. He snarled and I clamped my teeth on him. The other four had quickly begun to tussle with my pack mates. I latched on to his shoulder and threw him to the ground.

He snarled and lunged at me, finding purchase on my chest. I howled in pain and slammed him into a tree. He released me with a yelp and I head-butted him in the side.

He screamed and turned on me, tearing my ear. I growled and clamped on his long muzzle. It tasted like shit, his fur. Then he screamed, the sound nasally as I crushed his jaw in half. Then I flicked my head and his neck snapped.

Still angry, I tore into his body, limbs, fur, and blood scrawling the air angrily.

Then, with a roar, I continued the trail, my mind full of anger and revenge.

...

Mikayla's POV

"You won't touch her, brother." My dad spat.

"Oh, is that so?" Kevin purred and snapped his fingers. Two giant wolves came in, and slammed Dad into the wall. He snarled and twisted and fought. The wolves dragged him out of the room.

"Dad!" I screamed.

"Ah, yes. Plead for Papa Wolf." Kevin sneered.

I glared fearfully at him.

"Let's finish what we started, eh?" Kevin held pliers. He lunged at me and I shrieked and scrabbled to get away. He chuckled and held me in place.

He gripped my right hand painfully and I was begging him, pleading him. He ignored me and I felt the pliers clamp on my fingernail.

"Please please please please please don't!" I shrieked as he teasingly tugged.

Slowly, excruciatingly, he peeled the nail upwards. I screamed until my lungs were raw and still screamed. I could hear the skin tearing as he peeled it. Blood oozed over my hand and I screamed louder. Pain shot through my hand. It throbbed and pulsed and burned. Then, with a painful jerk, the nail was off.

Tears streamed down my face and I sobbed. I sobbed and sobbed and cried and screamed. He just chuckled, dropped my arm, and threw the nail down. Then he calmly walked out, saying, "goodnight, princess. Be back tomorrow!" In a sickly sweet voice.

I curled in a ball and stared at my trembling hand. The nail was clean off, the skin irritated and inflamed. It oozed blood and was in a disarray. The nail was clean, except for the little white parts where the plied clamped. The pain was excruciating.

I wanted to cry. I wanted it to end. I sobbed even more.

Mum, mum help! I pleaded.

Please mum!

Mum!

Why, mum?

Why won't you help me?

Mum I'm calling for you!

Why won't you answer?

Why won't you help me?

Mum!

Mum...

Mum.

Omg.

I just died.

That ending. That ending freaking killed me. I can feel the pliers on the nail. This isn't the end of her torture, though. I know, my mind is horrifying!

SOTD: Never Too Late by Three Days Grace