Chapter 10

Oh ma gerd. Lol so I actually love where this is going. Haha I really really love this story! Maybe, just maybe will I make a prequel, I highly doubt it tho. Anyways thank you my Furballs!!!!!

Mikayla's POV

My wolf lunged at her consciousness. She had to do this. I felt her worm through, calling out. She was doing a pack signal to bring Koda's wolf out. Every emotion I felt came from Koda. Pain, fear, excitement.

Koda. Where are you? My wolf howled.

There was no reply. My wolf dug deeper.

"Be careful, Mikayla." Damien warned. I ignored him and kept digging.

Koda? My wolf called louder.

Hello? A tiny voice peeped. Shock and wonder filled my body.

Koda! Come over here. My wolf called even more, frantic.

I-I can't. She said faintly.

Growling, my wolf lunged after her. She grabbed her scruff and dragged her forth. My face contorted with pain as my wolf brought her forward.

Shift, now! My wolf commanded, but gently.

I retreated and opened my eyes to see Koda twisting in weird shapes. She was screeching in pain. I knelt by her, soothing her.
"You're doing fine." I soothed sweetly.

"It hurts!" She screamed as her arm twisted backwards. It was an awful sight. Then, she relaxed and fur sprouted. I grinned as a silver wolf stood in her place, blue eyes bright.

I did it! I'm a wolf! She tried jumping, but stumbled and fell.

I chuckled. You're part of my pack now. I said with pride.

I am? I'm finally a pack member? Thank you! She nuzzled me, wobbling slightly.

I laughed and stroked her soft, fluffy ear. Her wolf purred in response.

Wait... what about clothes? She let out a throaty chuckle.

Here. I laughed with her and pulled a pair of pants and a shirt with some underwear.

Thanks! She yipped and ran over to a tree. She looked drunk.

I giggled and Damien chuckled.

"You did it." He chuckled in my ear.

"I know. I can't believe we might have a chance!" I breathed.

"We have training today." He said. Koda came jogging out, her whole face brighter than the sun.

"Since we already skipped school, we have to train. Let's go." I said, smiling. Koda was excited and ran beside me as we headed towards the pack territory. Immediately after she crossed the border, a threatening howl rose in the air.

Warning. Intruder! It was Collin. Instantly, we were surrounded by twenty or so wolves. They snarled, until they saw it was me.

"Guys, she's in our pack. This is my mate, Damien." I defended, getting in a defensive stance. My pack mates relaxed and wagged their tails, tongues lolling out of mouths.

Will she help us?

Who is she?

She smells human!

That's your mate?

He looks strong!

Will we make it through next week?

Question after question was fired at me.

"Yes, she smells human. She is a werewolf, though. Her name is Koda. She will help us. Damien will as well. He will be our spy. For now, we have to train. Everyone, meet me at the training grounds in five!" I commanded, but not in an aggressive way. I shifted, as did Damien and Koda. All three of us ran in the forest towards the training grounds. Behind me, the wolves that were fighting (along with some wolves who would protect the pack while I am gone) ran.

The training grounds was a giant football field sized flat of land. The whole thing was surrounded by a track. Inside one half of the track was a series of military-like drills. On the other half was just a field for fighting. I stood in the field. The wolves gathered in lines. Damien and Koda stood next to me. Two wolves brought out five big bowls of chilly spring water.

Okay, wolves. We only have six days until this war begins. We need to train vigorously. We will train until our paws bleed. We will train until we can't walk anymore. We will push ourselves past our limits. The last day before the war is our resting day. We will prepare and rest. That is the plan. Any questions? I scanned the crowd.

Uh... what if we can't handle stress? Someone whimpered.

You signed up for this, you deal with it. I answered gruffly. No other question was asked.

Good. We start by running the track fifty times. I nodded, ignoring the groans.

Go! I surged forward. My paws devoured the dirt track. The other wolves were following me, they were breathing heavily by five. We are really out of shape. I murmured to myself.

I was still good by twenty.

Come on, you losers! I chuckled. They panted and huffed, but kept pace.

Good job! We're at 45! I cheered.

The were staggering by the time we finished. We trotted on the field and half of them collapsed. Damien panted and trotted up to me.

How are you still good? He breathed. I was barely panting.

Well, I'm a Luna. I train a lot. I said sheepishly. Poor Koda was passed out.

Five minute break! I said, they groaned.

SOTD: Courtesy Call by Thousand Foot Krutch