Chapter 2

Hi guys!!! Im doing better, and u wub me. Especially cuz I did a "killer" plot twist muahahahaha! (Too early? Yeah.... sorry)

Mikayla's POV

I growled as Ace pulled me away. Where was my mate? Ugh, I wanted to be with him! I felt my brother stop as we reached pack territory, but I heard breathing behind us. I looked to see a honey colored male wolf raging towards us. His amber eyes were filled with burning anger as he pounded the earth with his black streaked paws. He snarled, tackling Ace.

Ace! I howled. Both wolves attacked, snarling and biting.

Stop it! This INSTANT!!! I roared.

Both wolves froze and looked at me. I huffed and glared at them, my teeth bared.

Mate- I began, irritated.

Damien. He interrupted.

Er-Damien... attack my brother again and i'll rip your tail off. I growled darkly.

He looked at me with wide eyes, shocked by my hostility.

Ace... attack my mate without my permission and i'll personally call in dad. I ground my paw in the mud and glared at him.

Sorry... he coughed.

I looked at Damien.

W-why did you attack m-me? I stammered, sounding like a pup.

My dad.... he um... he killed someone... he looked fearfully at Ace.

A hiss came from my brother. Couldn't finish the job? You cruel son of a- he yowled a stream of curses.

Wha-? I began.

Wait! No... it was a rogue! My dad thought you were the rogues who killed... A-alpha Krystal... He said quickly.

Oh. I paused. Suddenly, a loud howl cracked the silence. I heard paws, and saw my father stagger-charged where we were. Krystal? KRYSTAL!?!!? Blake roared. He looked rabid. Saliva threading from his grey jaws, eyes wild and bloodshot, fur unkept. He opened his jaws in a hideous snarl, but stopped as Damien took off. He glared into the brush until he nuzzled me and Ace.

I love you both so so much. He whispered, looking like the broken down wolf he was. He didn't look insane but rather sad.

You too, Dad. I sighed, leaning into his warm side. Two burly wolves leapt into the small meadow where we were and dragged my snarling, raging father away.

There you are! We need to talk. Grandpa howled, running towards us.

Ok.. I said, uncertainly, Ace following me, shifting as we walked.

We followed Grandpa into Dad's old office. I sat down in the leather chair as Grandpa settled into his ottoman.

"So?" I said with uncertainty.

"As you may know" Grandpa sighed, pausing, "Your mother... was killed by your father's vile brother... And your father is away-"

"I know he's gone insane, Gramps, but the old Dad is still there! Today, he nuzzled us and I saw the old him! Hes just hurt... hes getting better, though." I intervined.

"He... he is?" He stuttered.

"Yeah..." I smiled sadly, tears welling in my eyes,"he protected me"

"Anyways..." he began after a huge and sad silence " We need to figure out who is going to rule the pack. We also need to find out when you're going to find your mates.... um.." he sounded so.... old... wise, even. Serious.

"I am." I declared.

"What?!" Grandpa choked as Ace fell out of his chair.

"I. Am." I growled, feeling my teeth elongate.

"A girl can't be an Alpha!" Ace retorted.

"That's sexist! Mom was next in line and I am older than you! I will lead this pack until I die!" My Alpha voice threaded with my words and even Grandpa cringed by the force.

He chuckled sadly, saying "just like your mother."

I sighed, and walked out, not bothering to wait for Ace.

I felt sick and I went towards the direction of the Insane Asylum. I shifted, devouring the ground with my paws. In no time I had reached the place and I trotted in, not bothering to shift.

Mik...ayla... Dad whispered.

Dad. I grinned and sat down as they closed the door behind me. I knew they were watching us, the doctors.

I'm... so sorry... I should've been there for Krystal.. He started to cry. Tears leaked out of his eyes in streams.

No, it wasn't your fault. I remember having this exact conversation with him just weeks ago.

I wish... I wish she were here he started sobbing.

Dad... dont cry! I felt my own eyes well up with tears.

He started sobbing even louder, hugging me to his furry chest. Loud coughing sounds were coming from his muzzle. I heard the thoughts in his head. He wanted to die, to join her. He wanted to forget. He wanted to let go. He wanted to be free.

Oh Dad. I cried, hugging him back tightly. It felt good. I felt.... loved. Like I didn't have to go back to that hellish school and that I could just stay in his protective arms forever.

I hate it here. The kids are vicious, and I just want to give up. I dont mean to cut... I... I.. I just spilled. I talked my heart out, and Dad listened to every bit.

When I was done, he looked me sea in the eyes. Im sorry. Was all he said. I felt all of his pent up sadness, guilt, anger, pity and depression pour into those words.

I love you, Dad. I wish... I stopped. No way in hell was I going to tell him I wish his wolf wasn't insane because mom died.

I know, Micky, I know. He used my old nickname.

With a heavy heart, I walked out. I sighed, and eyed the cuts on my wrist. A couple more wouldn't hurt.... with a sigh I walked towards the pack house, a bit of dark sadness playing in the back of my mind.

------------------------------

Song of teh day: My Immortal by Evanescence

I wub u all and I wish you all the best! Youre crying, aren't you? Just how badly do u miss the drinking champ? Oooh i feel so emotional just writing this. Hmm... more ideas, though! Comment or whatevs I love u pups!!!