Chapter 29: Jostle

Ross

Ross went up to his room to continue his sleep, but was disturbed by the non-stop beeping of his phone. Ross scrunched up his eyebrows.

Groaning, he sat up and took his phone from the desk in his room and rubbed his eyes to check his notifications.

He thought they were text messages. Instead, they were twitter mentions. Like Laura, Ross doesn't usually get this - only when he tweets something and his phone would get like this. Althought there are often a few beeps when he doesn't tweet at all, it had never gotten this much.

Ross had to squint his eyes because of the brightness of his phone and he groaned, Why are they tweeting alot? Did something happen?

He unlocked his phone and read the tweets. It finally clicked in his head when he saw alot of 'dating' and 'Laura'. He sighed, never thinking that it would be like this.

There were some butthurt fans and some who thought their lives were complete because 'Raura happened'. Ross chuckled a bit, how would Laura handle this if he was having it really bad? He could imagine Laura's pissed off expression, and he laughed harder.

Ross didn't go to sleep after that, because he was really disturbed by his phone notification sounds, he silenced it but it wouldn't stop vibrating. Ross wasn't as smart as Laura was, so he didn't think about switching off his phone.

-

Ross received a message saying that him and Laura were invited to an interview on a show. He sighed, just finished with Teen Beach Movie promotions and now this? (A/N: Oh god I know it's already TBM 2. Please deal with me, it's a fanfiction)

He got ready, and told his family members about it who just gave him smirks and wiggling eyebrows instead. Ross ignored them and went outside the house. He texted Laura before but she wasn't replying, nor was she answering his calls, so he decided to walk to Laura's house since it was only three houses down.

When he knocked, there wasn't any answer. He knocked again, no reply. He tried to open the door handle, it was unlocked - but it was still impolite for him to intrude, so he waited a few minutes.

He called out, "Hello?" Again, no response. He stepped in, but felt weird, so he stepped out. Standing nervously, he frowned a bit and rang the doorbell.

Maybe Laura went already? Ross thought. She couldn't have, she didn't even reply to my calls and messages. Ross, giving up, he just barged in and shouted "Laura?", "Laura!"

He looked around, no one, so he went upstairs. "Laur?" he called out again, earning a stifled groan in response. He rushed to Laura's room, "Laura?"

He walked in to see Laura under the covers, "Laura!" Laura opened her eyes, blinking.

"Ross?" Laura sat up, rubbing her eyes. Finally realizing the situation, "Ross!" she exclaimed, widening her eyes. "What are you doing here?!" She tried to hide under the covers, so only her eyes were seen.

"What are you doing?" Ross asked. "We're supposed to attend an interview in two hours, and arrive there in an hour!" he exclaimed.

Laura shrieked, "What?!" She looked around, "I am not ready!"

Ross gave her an obvious look. "Oh, really?" he asked sarcastically. "Get ready, then!"

Laura threw a pillow in his direction, "Get out!"

-

It was said that the driver will be arriving in less than twenty minutes, and it did arrive in exactly fifteen minutes after Ross received the text from his manager. Ross and Laura went into the backseat as the driver took off.

Ross glanced at Laura who was furrowing her eyebrows. "Why were you asleep?"

"Why were you awake?" she bit out. Ouch, Ross thought. He laughed, and Laura sighed. "I didn't know, I turned off my phone."

"Why?" Ross asked curiously. Laura groaned,

"That thing wouldn't shut up."

"What happened?" he asked further. Laura glared at him, but answered his question anyway.

"Notifications were blowing up."

Ross let out a 'whoa', widening his eyes. "Really? Mine did too!"

Laura wanted to stay mad, but she giggled instead of remarking insults about how stupid he was. "It's because of the scandal, Ross," she said. "They're handling the news quite shockingly," she shook her head, sighing as her grin faded away.

Ross huffed, "I thought it was already confirmed."

"They're not going to let it go easily, as you can tell, some are disappointed but most are delighted," Laura said.

Ross smiled a bit, "We do look together, huh?"

Laura laughed, rolling her eyes, "Maybe."

A/N:
My reads are decreasing ahaahha nope not crying. And my chapters don't have plots anymore. It's so obvious I'm actually just trying to fill-in and update quickly (though I have a few chapter drafts ready)
I will start finishing this story in December because I want to start a new fic since this one has been going on for around two years (I'm sorry) and still Raura hasn't happened.. I apologize sincerely and I appreciate those who are still reading this suckish story and here from the start :)