Chapter 12: Packing

Laura's POV:

"Bye Cody," I said as I pulled back from the hug.

"Bye Laura," he smiled. I just got back from the zoo with Cody. I decided to have some fun in the morning with him before going to Australia tomorrow.

It was currently eleven o'clock. I had nothing to do. So I took a short nap; like I always did. When I woke up, I looked at the clock and checked that it was 11.58am.

2 more minutes until 12 o'clock in the afternoon. I realized I was in the living room so I stood up and went to my room instead.

Oh, I haven't packed.

I quickly took my luggage and started putting clothes, my toothbrush, toothpaste and other important things.

After about half an hour, I finished packing. I zipped the suitcase successfully. I laid down on my bed and took my iPad and started playing some games to keep me occupied. I decided to go to the Lynch's so I texted Ross, to ask if he didn't mind.

From: Laura
Hey can I come over?

While waiting for the reply, I continued to play my game until my phone buzzed. I tried to concentrate on the game first then I suddenly lost.

Game over.

I groaned and took my phone, checking the text message.

From Ross:
Yeah! Of course.

I smiled and reply back with an 'ok'. I texted my family to tell them I was going to the Lynch's - in case if they came home early and see the house empty.

-

While walking, I took my earbuds and plugged it to my phone, listening to music. I hummed along with the song.

After a few minutes of walking, I saw a frisbee coming in my direction. I was afraid and didn't know what to do; frightened that it might hit me. I had been bad at sports, especially sports like when you had to catch something. I had been in enough accidents to hate sports.

Most of all, catching frisbees.

I was not good at catching it. I would always run away when one comes to my direction, and people would stare at me weirdly.

This time it was sort of different.

I panicked as it came closer to my face. It was like time slowed down for me to have time and kiss my life goodbye,

but life loved me.

I quickly put up my hand for the frisbee and catched it immediately.

Oh.

Ohh.

Ohhh!

I caught it!

Calm down, Laura. Stay cool. I was dancing like an idiot to the rythm of the music, cheering that it was the first time in my life I caught the frisbee. And most importantly, without intention. The song ended then I heard giggling and snickering.

I took off my earbuds and looked for the where the sound came from. I realized it was Riker and Rocky.

Oops.

I blushed and jogged over to their house and went to their backyard as I gave them their frisbee. Their faces were red as they took their frisbee back. I furrowed my eyebrows and I could tell they were trying to hold back their laughter - but failed.

As they were laughing, I rolled my eyes. "Really?" I asked them as they were teasing me.

"You should have seen your face!" Riker said; laughing. I smiled, imagining what would I look like.

Then I bursted out laughing. "Ha-ha, I guess you both are right," I said sarcastically but grinning."Where's Ross?"

"He's inside in Riker's room," Rocky replied as they both continued playing frisbee after I nodded and bid them thank you.

Hmm, I wonder what is he doing. I went inside and greeted Stormie and Mark.

"Ross is upstairs," Stormie informed as I nodded and thanked her for telling. I climbed upstairs and decided not to knock. I slowly opened the door as the door creaked open.

I stepped inside and closed the door slowly. Where is he? I thought.

I heard someone mumbling near the bed at the other part of the room. I crawled there and peeked through the bed.

Ross was reading.

Reading a book!

What is he doing reading? I thought. I tried to hold back my laugh but I failed miserably.

I looked at Ross as I covered my mouth. He saw me and panicked, "Laura!"

"Uh-uh, what are you doing here?" he said, hiding the book behind him. He looked like he was hiding the fact that he actually read books.

I giggled. "Why are you reading a book?" I said as I pointed the book behind him.

"Oh-uh, nothing! I just, w-want to!" he said, stuttering.

"Mhm," I said as I laid down on Riker's bed. "Wow, I realized his room is much cleaner than yours."

Panic disappeared from his face and he chuckled, "Oh really?"

"Yes. Your room is such a mess," I commented. "The most dirty room ever recorded."

"At least I cleaned my room this morning and it's now neat!" he defended, a hint of a whine in his voice.

"Really? Well I'm gonna check it," I said as I stood up.

"No!" he shouted and grabbed my wrist and put me down on Riker's bed again.

He tickled me and I laughed. "Ross- stop! I- can't- breathe!" I said, laughing so hard.

"Not until you say my room is clean!" he chuckled.

My face is red now, "No! That's not even true!" I said still laughing.

"I'm not going to stop tickling you then," he smirked.

"Wha- ah!" I said as I fell down on the floor. He joined and continued tickling me again.

"Say it!" he tortured.

"Fine- Ross - has- a clean- room!" I said, laughing. He stopped tickling me and I was breathing for air.

I looked into his eyes and I realized he was on top of me. Both of us were occupied just now that we didn't realize our position. I tried to push him away but I found myself too weak for it. Ross almost leaned in because our faces were centimetres away. It almost touched when two boys bursted into the room. I yelped and pushed Ross away with all my strength.

We both quickly stood up and made space in between each other. "Whoa whoa, what just happened?" asked Riker.

"Yeah, what was that all about?" Rocky continued.

"Nothing!" we both said quickly; at the same time. Our faces were red as tomatoes. I wanted to die because of embarrassment.

"Er- uh," I stuttered. "I better go back home. Getting ready for tomorrow," I lied; I finished packing actually.

"Yeah, I better start packing for tomorrow too," Ross mumbled.

We both got out of the room and walked in our directions. I went to the right as Ross went to the left to his room.

I walked outside without saying goodbye at any of them. I sighed. I decided to jog back to my house as I put back my earbuds in and started jogging.