Chapter 20: Races

A/N: Hellooooo :3 Sorry if this story is boring so far. I just want to take it slow. So let me just do a few chapters in Australia then back in LA with some...dramas.

-

Ross' POV:

It was fourth day we had been in Australia. Kimberly told Laura and I last night that we could do anything today.

So here I was, with Laura, roaming around the streets. Thankfully there were no paparazzis disturbing us. These past few days had been such a torture for both Laura and I; although we had fun, and now maybe Kimberly thought that we deserve a rest.

"So how do you like Australia so far?" I asked, licking my ice-cream. I glanced over at Laura; who had something on her lips. I chuckled.

"I love it," Laura admitted. "Even though the weather is pretty hot, but it's wonderful here."

"You have something on your lips," I told her.

"Oops," she muttered, taking a tissue and wiping her lips. "How about you?" She tilted her head to look at me.

"My answer is the same as yours." I paused. "Unfortunately, we're going back soon," I said, frowning.

She frowned too and sighed. "Yeah." I saw her eyes lighting up as she looked in front of her and her lips curled into a smile. "But let's spend the days we've got left for memories," she said, enthusiastically and the eagerness was obvious in her eyes. I laughed and nodded because I agreed with the words she said.

Both of us enjoyed the comfortable silence after that, wandering our eyes around the surroundings and the atmosphere at night. The ice-cream we had been licking had finished; only the cone hadn't been eaten yet. I bit back a smile when an idea popped in my head. I looked over at Laura who was trying to start to bite her cone.

"Wait!" I stopped her.

"Huh?" she said, looking at me in confusion. She stared at me grinning and she rolled her eyes; knowing that I was up to something. "What is it this time, Ross?" she asked.

I giggled. "Let's have a race at eating cones!" I exclaimed. "Let's see who finishes first."

She sighed, and a small smile appeared on her lips. "Fine," she replied. "But it's obvious that you'll be winning." She quirked a brow.

I smiled boastfully. "You know me so well," I cooed. "Ready, set, go!"

I started to devour the cone. I peered over at Laura who was biting hers lazily.

I shrugged inwardly, and continued to eat mine quickly. I had to finish a few more bites but I was curious to check how Laura was doing. I looked over at her, whose cone seemed to had vanished magically. Huh? I arched a brow of mine and stopped biting. I stared at her empty hand, then back at her, then her empty hand then back at her face again; she was smirking.

"Unbelievable, eh?" she said. I gazed at her in incredulity, and in her eyes there was a series of comical feelings in them.

I frowned, biting the last bit of the cone and bawled like a 5-year-old whose ice-cream had been stolen. Laura tittered. "How is that possible?" I asked, my voice a bit high-pitched due to being skeptical.

"I have my own ways." She wagged her eyebrows. I scoffed.

"This is not over!" I exclaimed dramatically.

She laughed. "Okay."

-

We decided to walk back to our hotel instead of taking a taxi or calling Kimberly to pick us up. We wanted to enjoy the moment of silence and the beautiful atmosphere, and plus; our hotel wasn't that far.

There weren't alot of people on the streets, but it wasn't eerie at all. The stars seemed to shine brightly and the road wasn't noisy. Laura stared at the ground while walking. I kept glancing at her once in a while, but it was weird because what was interesting about the ground?

I decided to create another game. Laura definitely couldn't beat me on this one. "Let's have a race!" I blurted out. She looked up with an annoyed expression.

"Don't tell me it's--"

"Yes, we're going to run."

She contemplated for a while, and then frowned. "I'm tired, Ross," she said.

My smile faded. "Fine." I sighed, looking down on the ground. Huh, it does seem interesting.

"Catch you later!" I heard a familiar voice say. What? I looked up to see Laura running.

"Hey! Not fair!" I started to run after her. She laughed loudly under the night and the neutral temperature.

I found out she was full of energy by the way she ran with her short legs. She wasn't tired at all. I remembered before the silence, she was the one who kept initiating conversations and laughing at stuff.

I found out that I was the one who was worn out - not her. I started to regret suggesting to play the game, but I couldn't let her win. I have long legs!

Both of us reached the hotel and barged in, running to the lift, passing the large lobby; earning looks from people. I probably heard a shriek sounding from a teenage girl but I didn't spare a glance as I quickly ran.

When I reached the elevator area, I saw Laura in one; the door of the elevator (she was in) shutting close. I rushed to the buttons, trying to press 'up' for Laura's door to open so I could stop her; but it didn't work. I whined loudly.

My eyes averted to the stairs on my right. I decided to take the stairs instead; to win the race. Laura was never going to win. I wasn't letting her. My incentive was the legs! I'm taller than her! I ran until I was out of breath. Our room was on the 8th floor, so I had to climb up alot of flight of stairs.

During running, I realize that the card key for the room is in my pocket. Laura couldn't come in. I smirk to myself at the thought, 'You're going down Laura Marano.'

-

Laura's POV:

I smile to myself in the elevator. I'm winning this race. "Yes!" I squeal. The elevator stops on the 8th floor. I walk normally; not too fast and not too slow, because I know that Ross is still down there at the lobby.

I hum while looking down at my feet as I'm walking. When I look up, I can see something yellow. It looks so familiar...it's just like the yellow of Ross' blonde ha- "NOOO!" I start running. I feel like growling, flames start to produce inside of me.

I don't know since when I feel so competitive. I'm only this competitive when it comes to studies and school work. For example; finishing a classwork first before my other classmates.

I can't lose! Before the door shuts, I barge in the room like a wolf. I snarl, "You can't win!"

"But I just did," Ross chuckles, closing the door. "You!" I scream, and start to chase Ross as he startd running away from me. I feel like murdering him for some reason. "Ross Shor Lynch! Get back here!"

"I won," he teases, sticking his tongue out and pulling his ears playfully. You're dead, Ross, and I'm gonna kill you.