Chapter 34: Infuriation

Laura dragged Ross to the living room and let him call the pizza shop. They told what they wanted to order, a small pizza pepperoni because Laura pitied Ross so that he would not pay much.

Laura was grinning until after they ended the call. Ross suddenly remembered something and his eyes widened as he let out a small shriek. Laura's grin faded.

"What's wrong?" she asked, holding Ross' arm, who was still in shock.

"I," he started. Laura's met Ross' panicking eyes. "I didn't bring any money."

Laura's frown disappeared, she let out a relieved sigh. "What a suspense," she muttered. She realized what Ross said, before bursting out into laughter, holding her stomach.

Ross looked at her. "What's funny?" he frowned.

Laura had to laugh for a few minutes before answering Ross. "Nothing, I thought your dog died or something. That would have been sad," she remarked, wiping a fake tear. Ross looked at her, confused. He was about to say something before the girl interrupted her. "Wait," she started, looking at Ross. "You don't even have a dog." Then, she bursted out laughing again.

Ross was just standing there, looking at Laura amusingly. Deep inside, he was watching Laura in awe. It was an adorable sight watching Laura laugh because it had been months since she last laughed this long with only the both of them together (and not with cameras facing them).

She stopped laughing, but her grin did not fade away. "Let's go fetch your money then." She grabbed Ross' wrist. Ross sighed, he thought that Laura could give him a chance and let Ross go to keep his money - but he guessed that he had to spend it anyway.

-

Before Laura could open the door, Ross snatched her hand away. The girl looked at him in confusion as Ross leaned his ear to the door to listen any noise from the living room.

He looked at Laura when he heard the laughter coming from the said place. "The others are in there," he said. "You stay here, I'll go get it."

Laura frowned, but nodded anyway. She was lost on why she had to hide from the other Lynch's but she decided to obey anyway.

Ross

He tiptoed as he passed the living room, not wanting to catch any attention from his siblings who were watching a movie. Ross felt a bit betrayed as they were spending a bond time without him, but he was the one who left, so..

He succeeded in reaching his room as he searched for his wallet. His room was a bit messy - more like, very messy. His excuse was that 'he had just got back from alot of work and now he could rest' for the reason why he could not find his wallet now.

He did not want to keep Laura waiting so he searched for the said object quickly. As two minutes passed, he grunted as his precious wallet was nowhere to be found. "This calls for drastic measures," he muttered. He was about to shout his mom's name when he realized his mom was not at home.

Number two, Rydel. "Ryd--!" he stopped himsef by covering his mouth with the palm of his hand. He remembered that his siblings did not know he was at home. He spent eight minutes until he finally found his wallet under a pile of dirty clothes he actually did not want to touch. (Even though Ross was not a neat freak, he was also disgusted at some things.)

He really needed to clean his room tomorrow. It was a literal mess and he did not want to depend on his mother. He sighed in relief as he went out of his room and went down the stairs, trying to fit his wallet in the pocket of his jeans.