Chapter 41: Sappy

"I dream on, dream about you.
What can I do to make you feel alright?"
Smile by R5

"You wanna ride that spinning ride?" Laura asked. Ross shrugged. "It's going to be really dizzy."

Ross rolled his eyes. "I've riden dozen of extreme rides already in my eighteen years of living, what do you expect?"

Laura scoffed. "And all of the aftermath is you peeing in your pants," she mumbled under her breath. Unfortunately, Ross heard it.

"W-What?" he spluttered. "I have never--!"

"Alright, whatever, then let's join the line."

-

Ross exited the ride with wobbly legs, and Laura quickly stood beside him to steady the guy. "Are you okay?" she asked.

Ross stilled, until he stood on his own and nodded. "That was fun," he said.

"Yeah," Laura responded. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Laura, I'm fine," Ross stated. "I've been in worse states before and be thankful I didn't pee in my pants." It took him a while to realize what he just said, and he was about to take it back but Laura started to laugh.

"So you admit you had peed in your pants before!" she cackled. Ross whined.

"I have never! It just slipped out of my mouth!" He pouted. Laura kept telling him that he was lying, and Ross was too weak to defend himself, so he laughed with Laura instead, because Laura's laugh was contagious, and it had been a long time since he had heard this kind of sound.

They went to the other rides and ate a few snacks, wasting their money. But the food were delicious and the weather was so nice and it was so crowded in a merry way that both of them were enjoying it so much.

They spent the day with each other, ignoring the sounds of camera shutters clicking at them, and the flashes that bothered them, because they were so into the atmosphere. They seemed to blend in with the other people anyway, so the people who recognized them didn't bother them.

There were fans who wanted to take pictures of them, and they did. Since both of them were ecstatic, why not? And they had a lot of time.

-

They spent the time until the sun waved them goodbye, and the dark sky came.

They were sort of full after the amount of drinks they had drunk, and it was exhausting to wait for Ross in the public restroom where they had to queue to go in the stalls.

It was beautiful at night. The amusement park was filled with bright neon lights under the starry night, and it was as crowded as in the daytime. More people came, and some left, but that didn't stop the screams from the ride and the laughter from the children's park getting decreased in volume.

This time, Laura and Ross stared at the ferris wheel which was changing its lights and spinning around slowly for the people inside to enjoy the view, and they thought it was breathtaking.

But it was even more breathtaking when they got on the ride and looked at the view from above. Laura's eyes were filled in awe, and Ross' were filled with euphoria.

Ross gulped. As much as he loved roller coasters and hated dizzy rides, he had a fear of heights. That was why during roller coaster rides he usually closed his eyes and tried not to think too much about how high the ride was, although a few years ago he had peed in his pants (A/N: rest in peace, Ross' pants) because he had opened his eyes throughout the ride after a long time and he was extremely frightened but thankfully he didn't get a heart attack, and only managed to wet his pants instead. (It was embarrassing, but he wasn't even a Disney star yet.)