Chapter 40: Fanfiction

Ross

The last time he cleaned his room was a week ago, and he was now trying his best to prevent more mess in his room.

He had been having band practices with his other siblings and Ellington. They were planning to release a new album next year they had been working on for years since the last EP came out.

They all had been trying to get enough rest even with the prolonged practices, and Ross hadn't been talking to his friends, either.

He had a phone conversation with Calum yesterday, but that was it. He hadn't talked to Raini, who was visiting her family, and Laura, who was nowhere to be found.

Laura hadn't texted him anything but Ross was too busy to notice anyway.

Until now.

Two days ago, Ross spent his two hours break in the afternoon in the middle of band practice and scrolled through his Twitter account. Fans had been tweeting him and Laura about them missing Raura and about the finale for season three of Austin & Ally.

He didn't know how it happened, but he came across a fan tweeting him about a Raura fanfiction from a certain website. "Fanfiction? What's that?" he had muttered.

He opened the link, and found out it was a story of him and Laura. He started reading and the amount of gasps escaping his mouth were uncountable because Ross would never do that!

"I never did that. What is this story about?!" He grumbled, after reading about Ross bullying Laura behind the screens, even when they were best friends on-screen and in publicity (that was what the author told him).

He searched up the meaning of the word fanfiction, and felt dumb afterwards because fanfiction meant a story made up by fans, and it wasn't real. He let out a relieved sigh, and found himself reading and finishing the story.

He liked the ending, because Ross and Laura became real-life friends in the end, even off-screen, and Ross was grinning proudly, and started to search more.

-

He had finished a lot of Raura fanfictions, and he was too immersed in reading that he didn't realize the several knocks on his door.

He laughed reading something on his phone and stopped when the door opened and a grumpy Riker walked in. "What are you doing?!" he shouted.

Ross looked up from his phone, "Huh?"

"We had been waiting you for almost an hour! What were you doing?"

Ross was confused, and he had to blink a lot of times until it widened and started sitting upwards on the headboard of the bed straightly. "I-I'm sorry! I forgot!"

"What were you even doing?" Riker asked again in disbelief.

"I-I was doing something," Ross stammered.

"Doing what?"

"I--"

"Whatever! Just let's go, alright? Don't waste more time," Riker said, shaking his head.

"Why didn't you call me?" Ross asked, standing up from the bed.

"We trusted you that you'd remember, and remember that we would let the members be late just not for half an hour long? Yeah, we thought you'd be in the bathroom having your diarrhea moments lik--"