Chapter 2: Raia

Sorry for the previous chapter. I had to close my wattpad and had to save my work. Please don't hate me for this. I've been trying to update daily but then I just can't. I have school and other stuff. I know that Teen Beach Movie was a long time ago and now it's Austin and Ally season 3. But it's just that I created this story when it was still Teen Beach Movie and didn't really update.

-

Ross' POV:

I wake up feeling the heat on my face. Curious, I flutter my eyes open and I think I almost went blind. I squint as I cover the sunlight coming from the window with my hand and I sit up.

The curtains are open. I am sure mom has opened them. I stretch my arms while grunting. I stand up when my phone starts to ring. I pick it up and answer it, not even bothering to read the name of the caller.

"Hello?" I yawn.

"Ross Lynch, you and the other cast of Teen Beach Movie are called for an interview this afternoon," It is the producer of Teen Beach Movie.

Oh.

We just finished filming the movie and now an interview? I want to laugh, because I always find formal talks hilarious, and the man's tone isn't helping either. I clamp my mouth close and take a deep breath before replying 'yes' to his statements multiple times.

He continues to tell me where to meet and other kind of.. stuff. I smell the aroma pancaks as the call ends. I scrunch up my nose.

"Austin, I made you some pancakes!" my mother, Stormie teases from downstairs.

Please, mom. My name's Ross.

The character Austin I play in Austin and Ally likes pancakes, so sometimes my mother calls me Austin when she makes pancakes. I don't hate her for it, and it doesn't annoy me, but I'm confused; how does she know I am awake?! Sometimes I think that maybe I am the dumb one or mom is a secret sorcerer.

I roll my eyes playfully and shout back, "I'll go downstairs in just a few minutes. I need to take a shower." And obviously brush my teeth.

-

"So, do you have any plans today?" my mom asks, starting a conversation.

I nod my head yes, "The producer called me this morning that the Teen Beach Movie casts had been invited for an interview."

She smiles proudly, "Well, have fun." I smile back and that is when Riker, who heard my answer, approaches us.

"Are you excited?" he asks.

"I guess so," I think for a bit. "Yes, of course," I almost squeal. I will meet the other casts again, especially Maia.

I don't have feelings for her. Maybe I do, but it is just a little crush. She's so talented with how she speaks in a non-Australian accent, but I really love her Australian accent though. It's cute.

I'm maybe just attracted. That's it. I still think I'm young and don't know the meaning of love. That's what Laura told me - because we're of the same age.

"Ooh, Rossy's in love!" Rocky teases, appearing out of nowhere. I again sometimes wonder if maybe mom is not the only sorcerer?

"Shut up, Rocky. I'm not in love," I deny. It is true, I am not in love. It is just a small crush, remember?

"Don't be silly, Ross. We've known you liked Maia since you came back here after filming the movie for two months, was it?" Riker says teasingly. He always does this even though it is not true - he just wants to get on my nerves.

"No, Ross doesn't like Maia!" Rydel hollers from upstairs. Well that girl has big ears. Wait, is she another sorcerer that can hear things from afar?

"Thank you, Rydel!" I shout back, then put my tongue out to Riker and Rocky.

"Actually," Rydel starts. "He likes Laura," she continues, coming down the stairs while tying her hair into a bun. She smirks.

I groan. Riker and Rocky are snickering beside me. I try not to throw daggers at them, because we are eating, and my mom has taught us all the table manners. We have to obey.

I usually disobey; but I'm feeling the most mature right now and I don't want to deal with my playful older brothers.

"Seriously, Rydel?" I say incredulously, with a hint of betrayal in my voice. "She's my best friend!" I complain truthfully. Laura is my best friend. We tell each other things. Out of Raini and Calum of the Austin and Ally casts, Laura is the closest. I trust her and she trusts me.

It is fun to be with Laura, because her presence is nice. She makes the atmosphere less awkward. She's bubbly, and dorky. She's a great friend.

"Okay, okay," mom interrupts. "Stop the nonsense. Let's just eat our breakfast first," mom orders.

"Fine," Rydel, Rocky, Riker and I reply in unison and we all sit down with Ryland who is already sitting and eating pancakes on the dining table.

I decide not to think more about my siblings appearing out of nowhere or if they actually know magic because I have to clear my mind off for the interview later.

-

"Hey guys!" I greet Maia, Garrett and Grace. They greet back in return.

"Took you long enough to come here, 'ay?" Maia jokes with her adorable accent, and the way she strikes the 'ay' word makes me smile.

"Not really," I reply, shaking my head. She rolls her eyes playfully and smiles at me. I laugh at her in return. The interview is about to start in two minutes and we all are getting ready.

-

After the interview, Garrett and Grace have already went back early. It is just Maia and I. "So, Maia, do you have any plans tomorrow?" I ask. Smooth, Ross. Smooth.

"Nope, just stay at home and watch TV," she replies. "Why?" she questions, looking at me.

"Nothing," I respond too quickly." I was just thinking if do you want to hang out tomorrow?" I ask nervously, avoiding eye contact.

"Sure," she agrees.  There is a honk and we both look at where it came from. Maia look at Ross. "Oh, sorry. Bye, I gotta head back home." She gives me a sad smile.

I nod. "Well, okay."

She gives a little wave. "See you tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll text you later!" I shout because she is getting further. She glances at me and nods at my direction while grinning. I grin back, hoping it doesn't look too cheerful.

I sigh and decide to go back home. I look around for my ride and go in. I smile playfully like an idiot in the car. The driver doesn't say anything. I think I am in love. (Nope, it's just a hopeless crush)

[14/7/14]: {Edited} Wow, did I just make Ross like Maia? I can't believe I wrote this HAHAHAHAHA. But sorry for the short chapter.